Medical school in Poland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sporky

Sporky
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like a weasel. Well, o.k., maybe a ferret, but yesterday in class I met yet another, young pre-med who will be matriculating to medical school BEFORE me and without having to punish herself by enduring the stupid rite of passage through the American self-flagellation system known as "applying" to medical school.

She is attending Poznan University beginning in September.
This school is FAFSA eligible - she has already had her aid package accepted.
This school will allow her to do a U.S. based residency.

Here's the link to the school:
http://www.mdprogram.com/html/index.shtml

She doesn't speak polish, because the faculty speak english. The only downside I can see is that she will have to dress like a Grizzly bear for 6 months out of the year, othe than that, what am I missing? Why do we put up with such crap, when it seems like everyone else is achieving the same results (or better) and not dealing with our crappy system?

Members don't see this ad.

Sporky said:
I feel like a weasel. Well, o.k., maybe a ferret, but yesterday in class I met yet another, young pre-med who will be matriculating to medical school BEFORE me and without having to punish herself by enduring the stupid rite of passage through the American self-flagellation system known as "applying" to medical school.

She is attending Poznan University beginning in September.
This school is FAFSA eligible - she has already had her aid package accepted.
This school will allow her to do a U.S. based residency.

Here's the link to the school:
http://www.mdprogram.com/html/index.shtml

She doesn't speak polish, because the faculty speak english. The only downside I can see is that she will have to dress like a Grizzly bear for 6 months out of the year, othe than that, what am I missing? Why do we put up with such crap, when it seems like everyone else is achieving the same results (or better) and not dealing with our crappy system?[/QUOTE

although this is a good school, i know people who have graduated from there, you are still considered a FMG, and your on your own for the USMLE, which makes it more difficult to pass and get a better residency. All that said if you dont mind moving, and are very self motivated, it is a very good means to and end, however if you are looking overseas i would consider SGU in the carib..........but honistly give it your best shot and try to get in state side

Thanks for the encouragement. I am, of course applying here in sweaty Ol' Texas, where the mosquitoes reign and where politicians can do just about anything.......

But, according to the school in Poland, they sit for the USMLE on the same schedule as you and I will.

As for being an FMG, although I plan on being am AMG, places like M.D. Anderson in Houston have an awful lot of FMG's. In fact, without naming which medical center, there is a huge contingency of docs from the American University of Beirut who practise in said center and its associated hospitals - they are wonderful docs, terrific practitioners but did an end run around our American medical bureaucracy.

What I was really trying to say, I guess, is, shouldn't American students demand better service from American medical colleges and Amcas? Why should we put up with nonsense from schools and services, when Mr. German, or Ms. Lebanese, or Ms. Nigerian or Mrs. Polish or Mr. Indian doesn't have to?

Isn't it odd that we allow our acedemic institutions to treat us as if we are chattel (crap is actually a better word, but I was trying to be diplomatic) so that we can give them hundreds of thousands of dollars? Does this strike anyone else as paranormal?

If I were back in business, and someone said to me, "I would like you to give me $150K and in return, I promise to do everything possible to make your life miserable, up to and including:
a. never returning your phone calls
b. guaranteeing nothing
c. stringing you along for some unintelligible reason
d. making you wait longer for an answer than should reasonably
be allowed.

I would, in return answer:
" Dear imbicile,

While your proposal might be mildly amusing in the medical school application process, in the world of enterprise, you are flat out of luck. Try running a Nigerian 419 money scam as this appears to be right up your alley. Best of luck in prison,

Sincerely, Me. :)

P.S. Make sure your soap has a very strong string attached to it........