Medical School policy on retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreambig2night

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are osteopathic schools policies on MCAT scores if you retook it?
Do they average the two scores(or three) or do they take the best scores among the two(or three) scores or do they take the most recent score?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

dreambig2night said:
Do they average the two scores(or three) or do they take the best scores among the two(or three) scores or do they take the most recent score?

thanks!

Some take the best of each section :thumbup: and some just take your latest scores. It just depends on the school.

tfp

dreambig2night said:

thanks!

most take the best total score, but some take the best of each section

there may be a few that take the latest grade only

call the school for more info

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I will call schools individually to find out, unless SDN members have any information specific to a particular DO school on this matter.

:thumbup:

anyone know NYCOM's policy on this by any chance?

I finally figured today is Sunday!!! :sleep:
...and since William's going for it, anyone knows PCOM's, WVCOM's, VCOM's, CCOM's, UMDNJ-SOM's, and LECOM's policy on this?

thanks!

dreambig2night said:
I finally figured today is Sunday!!! :sleep:
...and since William's going for it, anyone knows PCOM's, WVCOM's, VCOM's, CCOM's, UMDNJ-SOM's, and LECOM's policy on this?

thanks!

Have you checked the websites? I looked at one but couldn't find it; I may have looked in the wrong section, though.

as far as i know, no schools take the best per section. i know pcom doesnt (per phone conversation with deborah)