Medical School Ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tofurious

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
With all the beef about US News ranking and all the alternative models, has anyone come across another objective list (not Dr. Joe's or Mr. John Premed's personal list)? If no such list exists, don't you folks think you can start one with all the interview info? (like how Consumers Report car list differs from Car and Drivers list, and rather than bitching about each other's lists they just take pride in their own)

Members don't see this ad.

tofurious said:
With all the beef about US News ranking and all the alternative models, has anyone come across another objective list (not Dr. Joe's or Mr. John Premed's personal list)? If no such list exists, don't you folks think you can start one with all the interview info? (like how Consumers Report car list differs from Car and Drivers list, and rather than bitching about each other's lists they just take pride in their own)

usnews is the only thing that matters; anything else would be garbage

Slippery Pete said:
usnews is the only thing that matters; anything else would be garbage

seems to me that usnews doesn't really matter too much either. You're an MD in the end, and you control your own destiny on the boards.

Just go somewhere that you like the program and the people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good call New.

Finance is important to me, so I'll likely be going to a place that can offer a good combo of scholarships and financial aid. Research is not of prime importance to me, so the schools that I am looking at are real low on the the "lists".

Do you, and be happy.

dc

newhavenjake said:
seems to me that usnews doesn't really matter too much either. You're an MD in the end, and you control your own destiny on the boards.

Just go somewhere that you like the program and the people.

fu-ck that...

go to a school based on what it can do for you in the future. you never know; your plans might change and someday you might want an ultra-competitive residency pos and attending a top-ranked school will aid in that process. :p

BigRedPingpong said:
Interesting, comparing this to USNEWS (USNEWS Ranking):
Out (from USNEWS)
Baylor (13)
UT-SW (17)
UCSD (17)
UNC (20)
U Wisconsin (25)

In (from this link)
Boston U (43)
Mount Sinai (28)
NYU (30)
Dartmouth (34)

YzIa said:
Interesting, comparing this to USNEWS (USNEWS Ranking):
Out (from USNEWS)
Baylor (13)
UT-SW (17)
UCSD (17)
UNC (20)
U Wisconsin (25)

In (from this link)
Boston U (43)
Mount Sinai (28)
NYU (30)
Dartmouth (34)

After looking a little deeper, I believe that site is possibly out of date as tuition figures were roughly 5K low, leading me to believe there data is from when tuition was at that rate.