Medical School Rejections...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoyW

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
...I figured since there are so many post on medical school acceptances, there should be one on rejections as well.

Just as I expected, I found my rejection letter in the mail from PCOM this week.
frown.gif

Are there any others who share my pain?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 20 schools (DO & MD). When I got into my top choice, I used a shredder to make 3 large garbage bags of confetti using my secondaries and rejection letters. Ah, what joy...

[This message has been edited by ana (edited April 27, 2001).]

I applied to 14 (DO and MD) schools, sent in secondaries to 11, and got 3 interviews. 8 rejects total. Thankfully, I am in NYCOM and can't wait to start school. However, I got canned by my state school ( Univ. of Missouri) despite having a good interview. In fact it was worse than a reject, it was a wait list with an impossible number.

[This message has been edited by dcpayne (edited April 27, 2001).]

Members don't see this ad :)
DCPayne-- dont't feel bad. Mizzou gives the shaft to almost everyone. They fail to tell you until your interview day that out of their 96 seats, more than half are already taken by pre-admission Conley scholars and the like. Plus, I think they are one of the most expensive state schools out there. My out of state tuition at my out of state medical school is probably less than the instate tuition there lol...

take it easy

homonculus

I don't feel too bad. I really want out of Columbia anyway. And believe me, I know about the shaftings. They seem to be really into making you reapply 3 of 4 times before letting you in. I'll happily get my DO from NYCOM and live happily ever after (which would include never setting foot in Columbia, MO again for a long time!) :D

I don't feel too bad. I really want out of Columbia anyway. And believe me, I know about the shaftings. They seem to be really into making you reapply 3 of 4 times before letting you in. I'll happily get my DO from NYCOM and live happily ever after (which would include never setting foot in Columbia, MO again for a long time!) :D

applied to 4 schools:

rejected U of IA without interview
rejected Nova without interview

accepted DMU :)
interview offered UHS, interview declined

vietcongs, are planning on attending DMU?

I applied to.... TOO MANY.... as a result.... got rejected at TOO MANY schools.

Got accepted to DMU and LECOM
Put on hold in Many schools.... As soon as DMU accepted me, I quickly took their offer and I REJECTED the other schools :D (Mind you this was back in January)

Good luck to those still applying, and I'm sorry for those who haven't gotten accepted. Don't give up, just get up!!! Later, peeps

Did you just reapply without improving your gpa, and mcat? or you did something else while reapplying ?

Originally posted by Hope2001:
:rolleyes: :p :D ;) Try, try, try, and try Again. I've been rejected many, many times. I applied to 33 places total in the last two years and finally got into one school. One out of that many is a pretty small percentage of success rate. If you know you really want to be a physician deep in your heart, keep trying and most of you Will Make it!!!!•

I just started a new list called [email protected]
It is for all of students who are reapplying medical school.

it is very easy to join, just send an email to [email protected]

spread the words. I know it is tough to be rejected, but together we are strong.

Same here -

Accepted LECOM
Accepted DMU
Accepted OSUCOM
Began rejecting interviews at the DMU admission.

Rejection letters still pouring in - make great coasters. See you all @ DMU in August!

after applying to many out of state schools you begin to realize that unless your mcat is over 34 or you are wealthy , you have no shot... stay local !! it is your best shot..

This thread is great! My husband and I are applying now and I have been terrified about not getting in the first time. Now, I realize, that it's okay. Life will go on, and that doesn't mean we can't try, try again! :D

have you gotten in anywhere?

The only school I got a flat out rejection was the one in Ohio. I hear they are not very kind to out-of-staters. And I would only go there if I didn't get in anywhere else due to the contract you have to sign saying you will work in Ohio after you graduate. All the other schools either accepted me, waitlisted me, or I just didn't go to the interview.

You need to sign a contract saying you will work in Ohio?

Can they do that?