Medical school repeat -- what are my chances of admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

don_Genaro_27

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on my situation here. I really appreciate any input you can provide as it is turning out to be a very serious issue for me.

I am a Bio/Phil/Lib.Studies major from University of Delaware with a 3.5 overall GPA. Went straight to medical school after getting 33 on MCAT and through a special program with school. I attended Jefferson medical college in Philly for about year and half.

But then I had a health-related problem which created academic issues. I couldn't study for my 2nd year courses. I was asked to leave school when I failed my exams.

My question is, will another US school take me now that I have a bad history with medical schools? I am currently trying to retake the MCAT, and do hopefuly, better than last time.

I am even thinking about doing a Master's just to improve my chances....is there any hope even after that? Say with a paper or two in hand and mostly A's in grad classes.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

don_Genaro_27 said:
Hello everyone! I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on my situation here. I really appreciate any input you can provide as it is turning out to be a very serious issue for me.

I am a Bio/Phil/Lib.Studies major from University of Delaware with a 3.5 overall GPA. Went straight to medical school after getting 33 on MCAT and through a special program with school. I attended Jefferson medical college in Philly for about year and half.

But then I had a health-related problem which created academic issues. I couldn't study for my 2nd year courses. I was asked to leave school when I failed my exams.

My question is, will another US school take me now that I have a bad history with medical schools? I am currently trying to retake the MCAT, and do hopefuly, better than last time.

I am even thinking about doing a Master's just to improve my chances....is there any hope even after that? Say with a paper or two in hand and mostly A's in grad classes.

Thanks for your thoughts...

I find it hard to believe a med school would kick out a second year, particularly if you could document health issues. Med schools usually require retakes of failed classes rather than expulsion. There is clearly more to the story than you are telling.

Law2Doc said:
I find it hard to believe a med school would kick out a second year, particularly if you could document health issues. Med schools usually require retakes of failed classes rather than expulsion. There is clearly more to the story than you are telling.

Law2Doc,
May I PM you with more information? I think it's going to help you see the whole picture.

Members don't see this ad :)
CLEARLY there's more to this story.

I doubt anybody on the pre-allo forum will have any advice - we barely understand the process to get in the first time - let alone getting in a second time. My suggestion would be to contact Jefferson and see if you can get back in where you started.