Medical School Scholarships??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarzMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience finding scholarships that are not offered by their particular medical school? Since I will most likely be attending an out of state medical school, I really need to find as many scholarships as possible. How should I go about finding them? I am an URM with residency in North Carolina.....if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you interviewing elsewhere? I'd encourage you to look around if you still have time. There is TONS of many for URMs...especially if your scores are good. Try Jefferson, Emory, NJMS, or the SUNYs.

Maybe not the help you asked for, but there is money out there.

dc

Yea, Im pretty sure I want to go to UK though. I have gotten some money from them, but I hear stories about people who really took the time to research scholarships and basically paid most of thier medical education with them(scholarships not offered by their school). I know in 4 years I will really thank myself if I tried to do the same. Yes, I have/had other interviews but wherever I choose to go, I want to try to apply to as many scholarships as I can.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have never heard of "researching scholarships" and getting medical school paid for so ask your friends to give you the scoop..I *have* heard of and know of medical schools giving full rides or partial rides to students.

Ditto the good word from efex.

I gotta a mini-avalanche in my PM box about scholarships. Bottom line - you gotta ask and do some work to find out if you're up for something. And if your school is linked to a university, see if their grad school has any cheddar for ya...you are a graduate studnet of sorts...

Good luck.

dc