The MSAR.

The school.

About the Ads

medhope31

10+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
go to the "what are my chances" forum and the first post is a school selection spreadsheet that is useful to know which schools to apply to in terms of numbers.

Look at the MSAR for more info, then if you are really needing to narrow it down look at websites.

gopher22

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
My advice is to apply to fewer than 20 schools. The reason is that I think it would be more difficult to complete 20 secondary applications well and on time. If you select your schools wisely (3 overshoot, 3 undershoot, 4 same), you can get the job done with about 10 schools.

muggle911

Non-magical member
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
My advice is to apply to fewer than 20 schools. The reason is that I think it would be more difficult to complete 20 secondary applications well and on time. If you select your schools wisely (3 overshoot, 3 undershoot, 4 same), you can get the job done with about 10 schools.
it is definitely possible to apply to approx. 20 schools "well and on time." To the OP, some schools don't even have essays on their secondary app so those are quick to complete. There is so much luck involved in the process that 10 schools might not be enough unless you are a top applicant w/ no weaknesses. Yes, 30 schools may be overkill, but 20 is quite reasonable these days I would say.

About the Ads