Medical school stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnleong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to create list of at least 20 schools that I would apply to. Where can I get information about the stats of various medical schools such as average MCAT/GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
go to the "what are my chances" forum and the first post is a school selection spreadsheet that is useful to know which schools to apply to in terms of numbers.

Look at the MSAR for more info, then if you are really needing to narrow it down look at websites.

My advice is to apply to fewer than 20 schools. The reason is that I think it would be more difficult to complete 20 secondary applications well and on time. If you select your schools wisely (3 overshoot, 3 undershoot, 4 same), you can get the job done with about 10 schools.

My advice is to apply to fewer than 20 schools. The reason is that I think it would be more difficult to complete 20 secondary applications well and on time. If you select your schools wisely (3 overshoot, 3 undershoot, 4 same), you can get the job done with about 10 schools.

it is definitely possible to apply to approx. 20 schools "well and on time." To the OP, some schools don't even have essays on their secondary app so those are quick to complete. There is so much luck involved in the process that 10 schools might not be enough unless you are a top applicant w/ no weaknesses. Yes, 30 schools may be overkill, but 20 is quite reasonable these days I would say.