Medical school w/ ADHD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have ADD and after the 13th hour of the day my efficiency really plummets. Other than that, I can rely on myself not to procrastinate and do good work during the day, given 1 workout and normal study breaks. Its the staying up late that I feel like I may not be able to do... Is it possible to make it through medical school like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Consult physician you must.

yoda.jpg

So, I have ADD and after the 13th hour of the day my efficiency really plummets. Other than that, I can rely on myself not to procrastinate and do good work during the day, given 1 workout and normal study breaks. Its the staying up late that I feel like I may not be able to do... Is it possible to make it through medical school like this?

...if you can focus and work efficiently for up to 13 hours a day, you're better off than most people. med school doesn't require all-nighters and doesn't require you to study 12 hours a day. if you end up being a class-goer, 4-8 hours of class + 2-4 hours of studying will be more than enough, maybe ramping it up a bit before exams. i usually go to bed between 12-1am, and i have classmates that go to bed even earlier. time management is key, but if you find yourself needing to stay up late in order to keep up, you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: 1 user