Medical school:What Must I Do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Friva

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So,I just finished pre-medicals. Will be starting Med school by November. I'm so scared right now,as I've heard a lot of stories about medical school.
My question is,WHAT MUST I DO TO ACE MED SCHOOL?
Also,I would like to do a lot of regular review,in order to aid retention. Does anyone have any schedule that can help me balance between learning new stuff,and regularly reviewing.
Your suggestions will be most appreciated. THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

1. Lots of studying as mentioned above
2. Have a nice helping of innate talent over what some of your classmates have
3. Don't be a fool on rotations (lazy, entitled, bored-looking, rude)

Sorry dude, there is no magic to it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WHAT MUST I DO TO ACE MED SCHOOL?

So the short answer is to be disciplined and study as much as you need in order to understand the material. The trick is to constantly be evaluating your habits to find the most effective one.

That being said, I think the more important question is "What must I do to do well and not hate my life in med school?" It is extremely easy to become incredibly frustrated if you expect to get 100% in everything, especially while studying subjects that are of little interest to you. Mentally prepare yourself to be average within your class, as chances are there will be tons of equally qualified and brilliant people alongside you. I think one of the hardest thing to learn for med students, especially those who were top of there class in UG, is to let go of work and have a life outside of school. The easiest way to fail classes is to be so burned out you can't think anymore.

So,I just finished pre-medicals. Will be starting Med school by November. I'm so scared right now,as I've heard a lot of stories about medical school.
Also,I would like to do a lot of regular review,in order to aid retention. Does anyone have any schedule that can help me balance between learning new stuff,and regularly reviewing.
Your suggestions will be most appreciated. THANKS
Caribbean?:corny:

Srs:
1) Read things
2) Remember those things
3) Plastics Residency

Last edited:
Caribbean?:corny:

Srs:
1) Read things
2) Remember those things
3) Plastics Residency
Well, he/she did say "pre medicals" so you're prob right. No offense.