Medical School wont awarded me full Cost of Attendance in loans

The Last Ankibender

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Medical Student
    I am an incoming MS1 and my school Cost of Attendance (COA) is around 63k (They sent me all the divided cost and add up to 62,500 to be exact). But in my financial award letter they just let me borrow 55k in loans. But that wont be enough for me to sustain without some intense saving and I don't want to stress about money while med. Do they need to give me the extra 7k if I ask? or do I need to present documentation ?

Reactions: 1 user

DrStephenStrange

OMS-IV C/O 2022
    2+ Year Member
  • Oct 25, 2017
    The New York Sanctum
    1. Medical Student
      Did you apply for grad plus loan through studentloan.gov? That and unsubsidized loan (through fafsa) should cover the entire cost of living that the school sets up. If you did apply to both and still not receiving the entire COL, then you need to contact your school financial aid office.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.