Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotic_child

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a transfer student. I started out at Purdue. Got depressed, grades slipped, lost out on financial aid. My parents made me transfer closer to home I decided on Texas State. What I want to know is, will this (me transferring from high tier to low tier for UG) hurt my chances of getting into a good medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, your undergraduate university has little influence on Med School decisions. If you excel at Texas State, do well on your MCAT, and build up your EC's, I don't see it as a big deal to be honest.

As stated above, UG location or school plays zero role pretty much, especially if you'll be applying as a Texas resident. Focus on the GPA and MCAT then EC, volunteering, shadowing, etc.

No.

I'm a transfer student. I started out at Purdue. Got depressed, grades slipped, lost out on financial aid. My parents made me transfer closer to home I decided on Texas State. What I want to know is, will this (me transferring from high tier to low tier for UG) hurt my chances of getting into a good medical school?