Medical schools sees your ACT score? WHT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedrose

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that the med school sees your ACT score, does it matter much if you got a low score.

Members don't see this ad.

some will ask for sat/act scores. i doubt it makes a difference especially since some have never taken them.

Why does it matter? If its good enough to get you in college, and then you do well in college, do you think they really care?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter? Or is it the equivalent of the SAT for med schools?

Since it's for ortho, it may actually matter. Not as much as med school stuff, but perhaps if 2 identical people applied, but 1 person had a higher MCAT maybe that person would be interviewed. Who knows for sure. I've discovered that I'll need to dig into my vast college past this year to apply for residency though.

From what I've seen, it's some of the really popular schools that require additional info like MCAT, undergrad transcripts and random LOR.

Since it's for ortho, it may actually matter. Not as much as med school stuff, but perhaps if 2 identical people applied, but 1 person had a higher MCAT maybe that person would be interviewed. Who knows for sure. I've discovered that I'll need to dig into my vast college past this year to apply for residency though.

From what I've seen, it's some of the really popular schools that require additional info like MCAT, undergrad transcripts and random LOR.

Advisers said I would never have to think about my MCAT scores again after getting into medical school. LIARS!!!