Medical Schools That Offer Weekend Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gridguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Like some of you, I am a working professional. Having said that, I would like to use as few of my vacation days as possible as I hopefully hit the medical school interview circuit. I was wondering if we could use this thread to compile a list of medical schools that are known to offer weekend interviews - the most recent thread I found on this topic was close to ten years old. The onlty medical school that I know of that offers weekend interviews is Virginia Tech Carilion. Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think this is very common?

I know most of the Canadian medical schools offer interview weekends and interview weekends ONLY. They hammer out 450 interviews in 2 weekends. Pretty much a production line of interviews.

As far as US allopathic schools, it's very rare.

U of Kentucky - does
EVMS - does not

...having said that, this is not a good criterion to use when narrowing down your list (whether you're currently employed or not).

Members don't see this ad :)
deciding which schools to apply to based on when they interview is a choice you will truly regret

Yeah... take the time off work. It's med school for the love of god.

OP never really said that he intends to build a school list based on this info. I have always been curious to know which schools do this too, just out of curiosity.