Medical Schools with early clinical exposure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Average Joe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which medical schools offer early clinical exposure?

I am aware of duke, mayo and baylor however, what are some other schools?

Also, which schools have offer a "varied" clinical experience? Meaning students have the opportunity to see a variety of patients and ailments. I was thinking of the NY & NJ schools because of their diverse populations.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

pretty much all the schools brag about some type of early clinical exposure. i've been warned by people already in med school, though, that this is not really as important or meaningful as it seems. :shrug:

Early clinical exposure as a selling point is ridiculous. Every school has it and many times it comprises busy work like write ups that eat study time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I meant to ask, which schools have a reduced pre-clinical curriculum such as duke and baylor? I'm interested in schools who begin their rotations early.

I guess I meant to ask, which schools have a reduced pre-clinical curriculum such as duke and baylor? I'm interested in schools who begin their rotations early.

Columbia, starting with the class of 2014. 1.5 years preclinical, then straight into clinical rotations.

NYU, starting either with class of 2014 or 2015

Bump.

Which schools have a shortened pre-clinical curriculum?

Duke
Baylor
Columbia
NYU
UVA
Emory

Any others?