Aug 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all! I'm currently working to develop the list of schools I'm applying to, and I wanted to know if anyone knew which schools had an inclusive curriculum. I know that many schools are making this effort, but I want to know about schools that have gone above and beyond in their care of underserved communities. Suggestions from any tier are welcome!

By inclusive, I'm referring to curricula that specifically touch on LGBTQ+ inclusive care, care for communities of color, classism in medical accessibility, etc. It's important to me that the medical school I attend covers these topics. I've been at the receiving end of healthcare inequity and microaggressions from medical personnel, and I don't want to continue this cycle of harm. Which schools have had particularly groundbreaking approaches to healthcare inequity? Please share any that come to mind!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi all! I'm currently working to develop the list of schools I'm applying to, and I wanted to know if anyone knew which schools had an inclusive curriculum. I know that many schools are making this effort, but I want to know about schools that have gone above and beyond in their care of underserved communities. Suggestions from any tier are welcome!

By inclusive, I'm referring to curricula that specifically touch on LGBTQ+ inclusive care, care for communities of color, classism in medical accessibility, etc. It's important to me that the medical school I attend covers these topics. I've been at the receiving end of healthcare inequity and microaggressions from medical personnel, and I don't want to continue this cycle of harm. Which schools have had particularly groundbreaking approaches to healthcare inequity? Please share any that come to mind!
My school!

This is a growing field in medical education, BTW. You also might have better luck asking in the MD student forum

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

WildWing

SDN Staff
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2009
www.studentdoctor.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
The SDN LGBTQ forum might be a good place to ask questions: LGBTQ

Also, someone created a Reddit channel that includes reviews of all the medical schools: /r/PreHealthPride

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.