Medical SLP Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr McSexy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this forum doesn't get a high amount of traffic, but I figured I'll pose the question anyway.

My g/f is going into SLP and she researching various programs around the country. She's come across U of Washington, which offers a core SLP program which has select emphasis paths and medical SLP program, which is specifically for students interested in working in the medical field.

She's really interested in the second program, since she is highly positive that she wants to work in a medical setting .

Does anyone know of any other programs around the country that either have similar program or do something similar with an emphasis in the medical setting?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

New York Medical College is another.

I'd encourage her to apply to lots of other strong programs too. Most programs out there have a dual school/medical emphasis to allow for the greatest career flexibility for their graduates, but they still offer amazing medical experiences. When looking at programs they should offer possible clinical placements in voice disorders, inpatient rehab, peds inpatient, swallowing clinics, numerous outpatient clinics, and skilled nursing facilities.