Medical Spanish in Costa Rica

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beanbean

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking a medical spanish elective in Costa Rica this year (my in-laws live near San Jose). Any feedback on what to look for in a program and info on programs would be appreciated. I have taken 1 semester of Spanish a few years ago so I am pretty much a beginner.

Any info on Spanish language CDs to start the learning process would also be appreciated...

Deirdre

Members don't see this ad.

Totally unrelated, but I had a dream last night that I failed my biochem test because there were spanish terms on it and I don't speak spanish. The prof wasn't really all that sympathetic when I went to talk to him (in my dream) either.

AEC is a really good program w/ a medical spanish component. depending on your needs, u'll want certain sites. if u want better medical setting, then it's Arenal, but if u need better spanish immersion, then it's totally Turrialba. You can look them up online and talk to one of the main guys, forget his name, but he can help u figure out a good site to do it in. But keep in mind that none of the 3 sites are in San Jose. I did it for 4 weeks this past summer and highly recommend it to everyone who's interested.