Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Medical Student Biography?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by SexyEgptnDr, Jun 3, 2002.

1. SexyEgptnDr

SexyEgptnDr Member

Hello all :)

A friend of mine was telling me of a book she had seen that was a biography of someone going through medical school. I have been trying to find out any information on this book...but can't seem to find any! Have any of you heard of this book's name or know of a similair type of book?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Qafas

Qafas Jarhead

Resident [Any Field]
    I remember reading a book by Stuart Zeman, called "So You Want To Be A Doctor." He talks about everything from his childhood to medical school to setting up his orthopedic practice and getting rich!! :p It was a rather funny book and I recommend it; but I don't think it has much value beyond entertainment, i.e. if you are looking for advice on how to get into or how to do well in med school, this isn't the book.

4. slydawgg

slydawgg Member

i just read this book called "The Intern Blues." it's a diary about three new interns at a new york hospital and how they dealt with their internship. it's a pretty cool book....it tells us what kind of stuff we'll be going through in the future.

--------------------------------------------------
    "was president Lincoln ok?"
    -Ralph Wiggum

5. ckent

ckent Banned
    Banned

There is also "White Coat: Becoming a Doctor at Harvard Medical School" by Ellen Rothman. That is a good book for pre-meds to read.