Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Medical Student Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chorboke, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Chorboke

Chorboke Member

What school do you think has the most satisfied students? Which medical students do think are are happier with their choice of medical schools?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician

Attending Physician
    How could anyone possibly know that?? We only know how happy we are with our OWN school... :confused: :rolleyes:

4. AmateurChef

AmateurChef Health policy consultant

I read a national survey two years ago that placed Stanford and Yale at the top of the "student satisfaction" list, primarily because of the less competitive atmospheres at both schools.

However, I'm not really sure how accurate such a survey could be. I have been trying to find it online for the last couple weeks, with no success so far.

$0.02

5. lake show

lake show Senior Member

i'm sure someone has done a survey on this topic somewhere. amitha, i don't know if you've seen forbes list of the "best businesses to work for", but it's a similar satisfaction survey. yes, no one has worked at all 1000 businesses or has gone to all the med schools, but you can get an objective survey done with the same questions delivered to all the schools. i'd be interested to see the results as well...

6. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    The <a href="http://www.amsa.org/resource/cardev/medresults.cfm" target="_blank">American Medical Student Association</a> has some half-assed medical student survey results posted (less than 1500 respondents).