Medical Students + Medical Marijuana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bersa380

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any medical students in the medical marijuana states that currently have a prescription?

I imagine there are a number of students who medically/physically qualify, but I was wondering what the implications were for being a student.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any medical students in the medical marijuana states that currently have a prescription?

I imagine there are a number of students who medically/physically qualify, but I was wondering what the implications were for being a student.

not a good idea especially on exam weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)

I wish . . .

Ok so once again, why are med students prone to ms, back pain, or glaucoma?
Med students are prone to any of these conditions, anymore so than the general population, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen.

I think it's inevitable that at least some medical students would qualify for treatment with marijuana; I don't think that's a difficult concept to understand.

In the grand scheme of things, few students would qualify (most are pretty healthy; people with severe conditions necessitating MJ use are likely to not be in school or up to long hours on call, etc.).

even with a prescription, it would cause problems....positive drug screens which have to be explained (which many people may disagree with it being 'legal'), implications (whether founded or not) of being under the influence while doing patient care, and easily tracked for lawyers out there in malpractice cases. Not something I imagine a state medical board will fail to investigate further before issuing a license, either.