Medical Terminology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamDriven

Will it be?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been luring for the past couple weeks, and use to browse this forum quiet abit 2-3 years ago, but gave it up due to being stressed like the rest of the pre-med's, and worried temptatiously about getting straight A's in every class, but oh well..

Anywho, my question.. When do medical students learn medical terminology? This may be a stupid question, or does it relate to every class. I'm kind of wondering when they were how to say; say i have a bruise on left arm in terminology.

Thanks,
Dream Driven

Members don't see this ad.

Right away in first year. A bruise is a "subcutaneous hematoma".

It starts even earlier than that, I think. If you're paying attention in biology, you're learning useful stuff. Eventually you get an ear for the Greek and Latin roots... or I did anyway. 'cyte' is cell, 'leuko' is white, so a 'leukocyte'...

You probably know more than you think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody take a medical terminology class in undergrad? I have thought about taking one now that I saw this class

Did anybody take a medical terminology class in undergrad? I have thought about taking one now that I saw this class

that seems a waste of time. the terminology is not difficult and impossible not to pick up in the healthcare environment and just studying in general

that seems a waste of time. the terminology is not difficult and impossible not to pick up in the healthcare environment and just studying in general

Thats what I thought but in my senior year I need some BS classes, so I thought "this looks good and easy"

yes I did three semester ago. And I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot. It's also a very easy A.

I took it my senior year and like camo says it is an easy A. You learn most of it if pay attention in your science classes. I also took a non-science terminology course with the same teacher and it was even easier.

I took it my senior year and like camo says it is an easy A. You learn most of it if pay attention in your science classes. I also took a non-science terminology course with the same teacher and it was even easier.

Lol, "non-science terminology"? That seems hopelessly broad.

"This week we're learning the following terms: Oil Paint, Bus Stop, Sidewalk, Water Fountain, Library, Hole, and Shoe. Any questions on those?"