MEdical Terminology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aczerniak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you taken this online? I missed the deadline to enroll with the school near me to take it online and am still hoping there is some way to take it right now. Anyone???

Members don't see this ad.

Have any of you taken this online? I missed the deadline to enroll with the school near me to take it online and am still hoping there is some way to take it right now. Anyone???

I don't know how many units/credits your school requires, but there is an online course via UCSD Extention. I believe they have a course starting in March. But since they are on quarter system, the class is only equal to 0.67 semester units. Some schools may let you take it anyways and count it towards your prereq - all depends on the admissions office's discretion so talk to them and see if they will take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually just finished the course through the UCSD extension. They are still enrolling students for the course. Although it started in January, you actually only have three weeks to complete it- no matter when you start. I believe March 22nd is the final day to end the course. It was pretty straightforward, 14 quizzes and one final (all were open book/notes/online access). It may sound a bit intense (with the amount to do in three weeks) but I ended up getting through it in about two weeks. I hope this helps! :)

Hi jack, Did you ask loma linda that they accept medical terminoly from ucsd extension ?? Some courses are 3 or 1 unit ... D

Hey cvy123- yes, Loma Linda accepts this course. I'm so thankful they do because a lot of the other online courses are on the pricey side lol.

Tks jac11. I got on the waitlist of loma linda.. But i am already enrolled for course.. Do u need to buy the book to study for the quiz too??

No problem! Yeah, I would definitely buy the book. I used the book like 98% of the time and got a few things from online the other 2% of the time. Buy it through Amazon, way better deal! ;)

Also, good luck with Loma Linda:)