Medical textbooks (for overseas delivery)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunkyR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

does anyone know of any online places that sell medical text books?

I've tried amazon.com that isnt bad but looking for others.

I live in Australia.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

half.com is pretty good too

Barnes & Noble. Sign up for a membership and you get a percentage off that day's order (like 15% or something). Useful if you're buying a bunch of books at one time. Plus free shipping.

Members don't see this ad :)
abebooks.com, but I don't know if they ship to Australia.

hi guys,

does anyone know of any online places that sell medical text books?

I've tried amazon.com that isnt bad but looking for others.

I live in Australia.

Thanks

The best search engine for books is www.campusi.com ... if you punch in the ISBN code, it will go through ALL relevant online stores (including different country versions of Amazon) and get you the best price. I once saved $80 on one textbook ordering from Amazon UK, post currency conversion, etc.

Since you live in Australia, I'm surprised that you don't buy the "international" edition, printed relatively close by in Singapore... it's often super cheap, much more so than the American version.

The best search engine for books is www.campusi.com ... if you punch in the ISBN code, it will go through ALL relevant online stores (including different country versions of Amazon) and get you the best price. I once saved $80 on one textbook ordering from Amazon UK, post currency conversion, etc.

Since you live in Australia, I'm surprised that you don't buy the "international" edition, printed relatively close by in Singapore... it's often super cheap, much more so than the American version.

Mmm looking into '3rd world countries' that have lenient educational text book tax rates (eg Malaysia/India) that can supply me with the 'international' versions. You're right sometimes they're even 30-50% of the full RRP in the US.

Mmm looking into '3rd world countries' that have lenient educational text book tax rates (eg Malaysia/India) that can supply me with the 'international' versions. You're right sometimes they're even 30-50% of the full RRP in the US.

You definetely sound funky like your name...

The best search engine for books is www.campusi.com ... if you punch in the ISBN code, it will go through ALL relevant online stores (including different country versions of Amazon) and get you the best price. I once saved $80 on one textbook ordering from Amazon UK, post currency conversion, etc.quote]

Another site like this is Bigwords.com. You can type in a whole list of ISBN numbers and it will find you the cheapest total from one store as well as the cheapest price if you buy each book individually. International shipping will be different fro each company - but this may show you a bunch of sites you neve knew existed. And half of the books I have bought from these sites have been shipped from international sites so it may be worth a try!