Medical traineeship in Latin America

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cujamara

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am looking for a medical traineeship place for a german dentalstudent in Latin Amerika.Of course I would work for free and also at a relief organization -has someone of you any experience and can help me?
Greetings,
Anna.

Members don't see this ad.

cujamara said:
Hey, I am looking for a medical traineeship place for a german dentalstudent in Latin Amerika.Of course I would work for free and also at a relief organization -has someone of you any experience and can help me?
Greetings,
Anna.

Do you speak Spanish?

Honestly I wouldn't know where to direct you, but maybe find in Germany organizations that provide help to developing countries (like those in Latin America) and see how you could volunteer. There's a plenty of places where you're help could be used assuming you speak Spanish. English can get you only so far, in only to work in the places where volunteers are needed you'll have to work on your Spanish.

I volunteer during dental school, I just showed up at the hospital dental department talk to the doctor in charged and told him what I wanted. The same I did here on the US.

In your case, try to find an organization that guides you like Rotary Club, religious organizations, research programs (find cleft lip and palate research projects, there's plenty of those).

Try to find a guide trough private parties, government officials know nothing about it.

Good luck, I wish I could help you more. :luck:

Meggs said:
Do you speak Spanish?

Honestly I wouldn't know where to direct you, but maybe find in Germany organizations that provide help to developing countries (like those in Latin America) and see how you could volunteer. There's a plenty of places where you're help could be used assuming you speak Spanish. English can get you only so far, in only to work in the places where volunteers are needed you'll have to work on your Spanish.

I volunteer during dental school, I just showed up at the hospital dental department talk to the doctor in charged and told him what I wanted. The same I did here on the US.

In your case, try to find an organization that guides you like Rotary Club, religious organizations, research programs (find cleft lip and palate research projects, there's plenty of those).

Try to find a guide trough private parties, government officials know nothing about it.

Good luck, I wish I could help you more. :luck:
Hey,
thanks for the answer.And yes, I do speak a little Spanish.
All those thinks that you are submitting I have done already.I have written about 60 emails to organisations,research programs but they all are not able to help me.And those who are able to help me want money for it.
And I have already written emails to clinics and dental schools in Mexico and Argentina, but they did not even answer. (...)
Well, any other suggestions?