Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

medical tutorial

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by raincrew, Nov 18, 2002.

1. raincrew

raincrew Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Would it be worth it to shadow a physician when I have already done some meaningful hospital volunteering (albeit only for a summer)? I am taking the MCATs next semester and have a pretty difficult course schedule along with all my other ECs.

ECs are pretty good, including lots of research, but none of them actually take place in a hospital or work with patients per se, although them may be considered medically related.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CrashinStoneFish

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would definitely recommend it..I've done lots of volunteer work, much of it medically related, but on the one interview I had, both interviewers asked me about any previous shadowing experience...that is just my experience...

4. one love

one love Member
    7+ Year Member

No, it's not worth it. I think you should just focus on doing well in your courses and aceing that MCAT. You don't want to spread yourself too thin or you may end up regretting it. Since you already have had a meaningful hospital experience don't worry about shadowing a physician right now. Ad coms usually look at the quality of your experience rather than the quantity of time you spent doing it. You can always shadow a physician after the MCAT.