Medical TV Shows

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the pre-MD forum, we can always count on Jagger to bring the fair and unbiased view of DOs in all kinds of topics ranging from allopathic medical school interview questions to medical TV shows. Us pre-allopaths could really use it. I mean, with all the misinformation and plain DO bashing out there, who would've thunk that osteopaths have their own TV show? Amazing!

No problem. You're right though ... I was being enormously biased in stating that the show took place at a DO teaching hospital. Propaganda machine. Thanks for balancing it that out with your wise and mature post. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

No problem. You're right though ... I was being enormously biased in stating that the show took place at a DO teaching hospital. Propaganda machine. Thanks for balancing it that out with your wise and mature post. :rolleyes:

Why can't the pre-allos and pre-osteos just be friends? The allos and osteos seem to do it just fine!

Also, I just started watching Hopkins through abc's website, interesting show so far, well put together.

Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice have nothing to do with medicine, any more than General Hospital had to do with medicine. Premeds should be embarrassed to admit they watch those.

Because premeds are only allowed to watch tv shows that accurately portray medicine...what happened to entertainment?

You can say they're crap shows all you want but the ratings say differently...

Members don't see this ad :)
Because premeds are only allowed to watch tv shows that accurately portray medicine...what happened to entertainment?

You can say they're crap shows all you want but the ratings say differently...

Lots of people watching something doesn't give it quality. There was a time when a lot of people watched Carrot Top, and Lenny Bruce he ain't.

Why can't the pre-allos and pre-osteos just be friends? The allos and osteos seem to do it just fine!

Also, I just started watching Hopkins through abc's website, interesting show so far, well put together.

i thought i was the only person that was going to do that. yea, hopkins looks interesting so far.

There was a time when a lot of people watched Carrot Top.

Are you implying that Carrot Top's brand of hilarious prop comedy is of a low and cheap quality??? Because them are fighting words. :laugh:

Anyway, to the above posters ... I too am willing to heal the gap between pre-allo and osteo, even though most pre-allos apparently think I cause it. I just didn't think me mentioning that the hospital featured on '911 the Bronx' was a DO teaching hospital was popping in simply to spread DO vibes. Oh well.

Lots of people watching something doesn't give it quality. There was a time when a lot of people watched Carrot Top, and Lenny Bruce he ain't.

Lots of people watching something generally means that a lot of people find something about the show to be entertaining..It might not be quality to you, but that's the whole point...it's sort of subjective, what you think is crap another person might think is wonderful.