Medical University of Gdansk intermediary.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cool Diver

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, people!
Today I received the "Letter of Acceptance" to Medical University of Gdansk from Ray Delavari.
He wants fee ONLY 12500$:wow
I know that enough perfect/utter/complete fools in the world, but without me...
May some one else want to get acceptance? Worth some money...

How much HMI wants???:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am new here and I'd love to hear opinions on Medical University of Gdansk. I noticed their English Program is pretty new and so it'd great if you guys could share some info with me. I'm looking into studing medicine abroad. Thanks alot :)

peacedoc said:
Hi,
I am new here and I'd love to hear opinions on Medical University of Gdansk. I noticed their English Program is pretty new and so it'd great if you guys could share some info with me. I'm looking into studing medicine abroad. Thanks alot :)

Hi!
I've studied at Medical University of Gdansk for 1 term(the first). If there is anything you would like to know about the university/the city , feel free to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Sipan!

Thank you very much!

Are you still at MUG? What do you think of it - from teaching, professors, etc? Are you from USA? I am kinda confused on 6 year MD and 6 year MD/PHD since the length of time is the same. How comes? Also they don't have 4 year for US students who have finished bachelor?

Let's say: would you recommend to choose MUG as the 1st choice among other polish schools?

Thank you so much! I am glad that I've found someone who studies at MUG. :)

Hi peacedoc!

As the title of my post implies, I'm a former MUG-student. Presently I study in Sweden. I was at MUG for only 1 term(the first). I guess the teaching is pretty much the same as the rest of the world, with some exeptions(e.g. Sweden). The teaching is the usual, old, 'classic' way of teaching, where the lectures come to play a great role(far away from PBL).
Most of the professors are ok, but differ from the swedish, and probably also the american ones, in their tendency to be a bit arrogant. They demand a bit more respect and often bring out and remind you about the unequality that exists between them and the students. But most of them treat you good as long as you show them some respect.
I don't know if there is such possibilty for you US students(to have a 4 year). The best thing would be to contact them about that.
If I compare MUG with other polish universities, I wouldn't rank it the first. There are other universities in Poland with longer experience in teaching medicine in english. MUG has relatively little experience(4 years), they are probably the ones with the least experience. Krakow has longer experience, and I think better teaching and Krakow is a really beautiful city(most beautiful in Poland). So if I would choose again I definitely would choose Krakow. But it is harder to get admitted there. When I applied to Poland I didn't know so much about their universities, so I just choosed the closest one, which was Gdansk.

thanks alot, Sipan!

What about students? During your 1st term, were there alot of international students? Most are from Europe? Did you have the launage problems or big adjustments to the new culture there?

I am wonderng about the school's system too - like are they helpful/ organized/ high-tech ....

Regards,
~peacedoc

During my time in Gdansk about 50% of the students were from Sweden and about 40% from Norway. The rest were from USA and Canada. I don't know how it is at the other universities.
Polish isn't the easiest language to lern, but it's not impossible. We had polish classes simultaneously with the medical ones, but unfortunately there wasn't much time left to devote oneself to the language, due to the medical studies. And since the foreign students always kept together, it didn't make it any easier with the language.
I can only compare their school system with the swedish one. To be honest the organization isn't even close to the swedish one. It was the organization that I was most dissatisfied with. Since Sweden and USA are much richer countries than Poland it's obvious that their resources can't be at the same standard. But they are however helpful and you get all the chances to become a great physician. So much is up to yourself. But no, the resources are not comparable with a rich country like Sweden, not in terms of high-tech nor availabilaty.

Regards
Sipan

Thank you. Sipan. It's been very helpful :)

May I ask you when was your 1st term at Gdansk? Did you ever feel prejudice and discrimination over there (both at school & outside/city)? Some of my friends are concerned about that issue and warned me to look into ... (I am an Asian-American). How many international students (approximately) during your 1st year study (your class)?

Regards,
~peacedoc

No, I can't say I felt anything like that at school, but maybe a bit unwantad outside the school by the polish guys. But the girls like foreigners and the majority of the boys do it as well. At and around the university I didn't feel anything like that at all. I can say that it wasn't any problem in that issue neither for me nor other of my friends with asian appearance. We were 70 students in my class, but I know that the classes are larger by now, around 100.

Regards
Sipan

Let me tell you about "Dr." Ray Delaveri...stay miles away from him. His degree is honororary..He paid for it. He is an extortionist, will lie to you and promise you anything to get your money. I know of at least 10 of us that he screwed, and screwed us badly. I went to school for over three years in Europe and never got my degree even though I finished. Any school that he represents ALSO can't be trusted. BEWARE!

Can you expand on that experience? How is this guy connected to the schools, and how did you go through a program and not get your degee?

Let me tell you about "Dr." Ray Delaveri...stay miles away from him. His degree is honororary..He paid for it. He is an extortionist, will lie to you and promise you anything to get your money. I know of at least 10 of us that he screwed, and screwed us badly. I went to school for over three years in Europe and never got my degree even though I finished. Any school that he represents ALSO can't be trusted. BEWARE!

Hi,
Did you sign a contract with him? Why you do not sue him? 10 people??? When did you go to study to Europe?
Do you want more information about him? I know somebody who can help you guys!!! You can win this case easily!!!! By the way he is a wanted person in Europe. How could you make business with him??? By the way he was arrested in the U.S!!!!

How does this scam work, and how are people not doing anything about it? Are they applying through this guy? Does the school have the students matriculated? Ten people? That could be enough to lauch a complaint direct with the EU, in Brussels. They want to hear about corruption in member nations.

I think they dont know what the law says or just afraid of something.
If he is serious about what he/she wrote down will answer here.

How much did you pay to him? Send me an email if you want to get back your money from him. I know some student who did sue him and won!!!