Medical University of South Carolina Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tae1703

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I got into MUSC but I think I maybe going to GW in DC.

I am a future MUSC student. I will be applying this summer :) Is MUSC pbl or lecture based? I guess there only one snd person going here this year...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance letter Friday and I will Definately be there in the fall!

I got my acceptance letter Friday and I will Definately be there in the fall!

:thumbup: Congratulations :thumbup:

Are you in state? Do you mind sharing your stats? I am preparing for the MCAT this april.

I got in to MUSC in December, but I am debating between there and USC. I might be leaning toward Charleston, though.

im from columbia. what are your names? we may know each other.

I am a future MUSC student. I will be applying this summer :) Is MUSC pbl or lecture based? I guess there only one snd person going here this year...

Hey! I'm a current MUSC student, so please just let me know if you have any questions. We're primarily lecture-based, but we also have POPS (patient-oriented problem solving) for two of our classes this semester (neuro and doctoring). In POPs, we get a case and work through it in a small group (4 people or so). Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

i wont be attending MUSC but i am looking to live in charleston this summer. if any current student would be willing/able to PM me (copy/paste or whatever) the housing listings from http://www.musc.edu/housing/housinglistings.html i would be most appreciative. i'm interested in looking at the sub-let as well as the short-term categories. thank you.

Does anyone know how musc did on the match?

Hey, I'm a Wayne State kid from up in Detroit, but I have to say you guys have a beautiful campus (I stayed in the hostel on Spring street when I visited for break).

All I could say about it was "No riot windows! Pretty flowers!".

Sorry to drop in, but had to compliment such a pretty town and lovely school.

Hey Everyone!!

I hope all is well. Just checking in to see if anyone has heard about a second look weekend at MUSC. I would love to see the school and the city again. Who here may be interested in having our own day/weekend if they do not? I am coming from OOS (Georgia) but I wouldn't mind the drive. Just a thought.

Who here may be interested in having our own day/weekend if they do not?

I'd be up for it! I mentioned something about it in the SC Schools thread - hopefully some more people will jump on board.

there's something about south carolina and internet usage. our class only had like 3 people actually post on the MUSC 2010 thread, too. threads from other schools get posted in every day.

Well the mcat did not go as hoped. I got a 22 O PS 5 VR 9 BS 8 WS O.

I will still apply with the knowledge that anything could happen and I have nothing to lose this year... If I don't get in I will take the prereq's I have not had (phys, g. chem and o. chem) and retake the exam and reapply in a year.

I saw on mdapplicants a guy got in to musc with a 22 a year or two ago...hope