Medical University of South Carolina

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by surfdevl02, Nov 10, 2002.

1. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello SDNers-

I was just wondering if any of you guys/gals have gotten acceptances and plan to go to the Medical University of South Carolina. As of now, i'm planning on attending there next fall, and it would be cool to meet some of my future classmates if there are any on here!

Surfdevl02

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

P.S.- I found out i got into MUSC via calling their admissions office. I think they lost my acceptance letter in the mail. Does anyone who has gotten the letter know if there is a specific date you have to reply by cause if so, i've already missed that day probably. But seeing that MUSC is so laid back (ie, no premed requirements), i wouldn't think they would have a reply-by date on their acceptance letters.

4. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

MUSC sent me a thing asking me to apply to their MD/PhD program. Anyone else get this? I never even heard of the school before this, and didn't even know they had an MSTP.

5. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yeah....i got that..but why would you want to put yourself through the extra stress unless you're a huge lab rat guru.....

6. isidella

7+ Year Member

CaNEM,

I just got accepted to the MUSC MSTP program. I will attend if I get no other acceptances (not that it is low on my choices, its just that charleston has worn out its welcome for me). Right now I work in a lab with an MSTP student at MUSC. Let me tell you, the school treats the Mudd-phudders like royalty, (during the PhD years-all of the student I know have had their own technician). The program takes on about six students every year and they all get full support. Also, there is alot of cool research going on here. I don't know what else to say about it. If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me.

Isid

7. isidella

7+ Year Member

After scanning my admission packet, I found no such date.

Congrats!! Maybe we will be classmates, cool!

8. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks isidell!

I really appreciate your help...congrats on getting into the MSTP program by the way, you must be a stellar candidate! Curious question, why has charleston worn you out...i'm from mt. pleasant and just love downtown..of course i haven't been there in 5 years but it's still fun. Did you go to CofC??

9. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

10. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hey surfdevl, i sent you a PM
    streetdoc

11. isidella

7+ Year Member

surfdevl02,

Yeah, I went to CofC. Helluva a school! I loved it. Did you go to CofC? I probably know you if you did-I worked for the campus newspaper and got to know a lot of people. I have lived downtown for five years and it is cool, but I would just like to see some new places. I am originally from the midwest, and I have never gotten to the place where I have made alot of friends here.

Chances are, I'll end up at MUSC. I have lofty ambitions, but I will probably stay here.

streetdoc,

Have you had your interview yet? If so, how did it go?

Isid

12. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Isidella-
    No, i didn't go to CofC but half my high school did (I went to Wando in Mt. Pleasant). I went to Duke Univ. in NC. I always love coming home for breaks and visiting my friends downtown...we went to club tango not too long ago...interesting place! Nothing like cages to dance in. Haha

Hey, no shame in being at MUSC! If i'm there we'll party it up SDN style..Anyhow, have fun for me in Charleston...i'm all the way across the country right now in San Fran.

13. All-Star14

All-Star14 Wants to Rock Wit U
    7+ Year Member

Congrats on your acceptance! San Fran? Why the cross-country move?

14. DukeBluDevl02

DukeBluDevl02 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

GO DUKE!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE, I'LL HAVE A BEER ON YOUR BEHALF!:laugh:

15. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks Evan! Anyhow All-Star 14, i'm doing AmeriCorps in San Fran for the year.