• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Medical University of South Carolina

About the Ads
About the Ads

rcludo

Mar 18, 2013
Charleston, SC
  1. Rehab Sci Student
@rcludo would you mind sharing your stats?
Also, how much is MUSC's deposit? Thanks!! :)
Sure!
Major: Psychology and French Studies
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-3.9ish
GRE: 168 V, 158 Q, 4.5 AW
Observation: 122 hours; the majority were at a children's development clinic and a sports care center (with a CHT); others are schools, sensory clinic, inpatient rehab, neurodevelopment center, hippotherapy
Other experience: 3 years in a psych research lab in college, 2 years afterwards working as a research assistant in a lab that studies autism, 1 semester studying in France during college and did some english tutoring to neighbor kids while I was there... a few various volunteer things but nothing big

Got my acceptance 11/20 and had until 12/16 to send in deposit of $500. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the Ads

rcludo

Mar 18, 2013
Charleston, SC
  1. Rehab Sci Student
Seems like there is not a ton of interest in MUSC on this forum, but in case anyone is lurking and not posting;), here is the link to the fb group for our class!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/muscOT2016/

And I heard from Susan Johnson today that they are still filling the class - I THINK (from some deductive reasoning) they have about 15 spots left. Whether or not they have made admissions offers and are just waiting for people to accept, I don't know.

Upvote 0

ems07

Mar 28, 2014
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Did anyone apply to MUSC early decision this year? If so, would you mind sharing your stats!
I did! Im so nervous because I do not feel my stats are good enough. I am still completing anatomy and physiology this semester which I feel will really hurt my chances. In addition my GRE scores are very low.

Pennsylvania State University- Main Campus
Major- Rehabilitation and Human Services
Minor- Psychology and Deafness & Hearing in Society
GPA- 3.63
Last 60 Credit GPA- 3.92
Prereq GPA- still completing 2 prereqs (anatomy and physiology :/)
GRE- verbal- 153 quantitative- 148 writing-4.0
Application verified- October 3, 2014
OT shadowing- Nursing home- 50, Acute Rehab- 12
Work experience- 520 hours Community Help Center Intern, 300 hours Penn State Group Fitness Instructor
Volunteer experience- 310 hours Crisis Hotline Counselor, 30 hours mentor to students with special needs, 220 hours PSU IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon
Extras- Delta Gamma VP of Panhellenic 2012-2013, Research Assistant 2 years
References- OT I shadowed, professor, and Advisor
Applied to- Boston, Midwestern, Pitt, University of Illinois-Chicago, Winston-Salem, Salus, Musc
Accepted-
Interviews-
Salus
Rejected-

When do you think we will hear back?

Upvote 0

abm00029

Sep 9, 2014
I'm afraid my stats are not good enough as well! It worries me that MUSC does not do interviews!
Major: Food and Nutrition
GPA: 3.5
Last 60 Credit: around a 3.7
Prereq GPA: around a 3.6
GRE: verbal: 152 quanitative: 150
OT Shadowing: 170 Hours in inpatient and outpatient pediatrics, geriatric rehab hospital and certified hand therapist
Volunteer Experience: Arts n' Autism, center for individuals with dementia, Mentoring at local elementary school etc.
Applied to: UAB, South Alabama, MUSC, University of St. Augustine
Interviews: South Alabama
Accepted:
Rejected:
It says we should hear back late November...I'm hoping it will be sooner:nailbiting:

Upvote 0

FutureOT2015

Aug 31, 2014
I'm afraid my stats are not good enough as well! It worries me that MUSC does not do interviews!
Major: Food and Nutrition
GPA: 3.5
Last 60 Credit: around a 3.7
Prereq GPA: around a 3.6
GRE: verbal: 152 quanitative: 150
OT Shadowing: 170 Hours in inpatient and outpatient pediatrics, geriatric rehab hospital and certified hand therapist
Volunteer Experience: Arts n' Autism, center for individuals with dementia, Mentoring at local elementary school etc.
Applied to: UAB, South Alabama, MUSC, University of St. Augustine
Interviews: South Alabama
Accepted:
Rejected:
It says we should hear back late November...I'm hoping it will be sooner:nailbiting:
My GRE's are worse!! But I hAve a slightly higher GPA. I didn't finish my anatomy course though. So nerve wracking

Upvote 0

lch0005

Dec 17, 2014
  1. Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hey guys! I'm filling out my supplemental packet for MUSC right now and I'm a bit confused as to what to do about the observation hours log form. In the box for "Description of Work Performed" do we just put something like "observed..." and then list one thing? All of the detailed info about my observation hours is on my resume, so I'm not sure what they expect for the form. And there's hardly any room to type anything!! Anybody know what we're supposed to do?

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.