Medicine... but the NBA first

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most of my other aspirations were normal. Aerospace engineer (reality of working environment unappealing), career in international relations (too much instability...likelihood of spending my life as a paperpusher too great), veterinary medicine (quashed by allergies)...

If I have one unrealistic ambition, it would be to pursue a PhD in every subject I'm interested in...and then go into medicine.

And then also to bring back the Enlightenment. :D

I'm like, allergic to cats, some dogs and horses. But I freaking love vet... and my anti-histamines :D

I wanted to be the president of the United States - as a 13 yo girl from Australia.

Members don't see this ad.

I always thought that I would be an olympic sprinter...... until I realized that I am just a short white guy. I guess being a doctor will suffice. :D

fashion designer, actor, firefighter, mad scientist, space cowboy, bum that hops trains, the guy on the travel network that goes to other countries to eat their food, farmer...

Members don't see this ad :)
Myron Rolle from Florida State has the option to go to the NFL or medicine, he's one of the top safeties in college and last year he was one of like 32 Americans that got a scholarship to go study at Oxford. He wants to be a doctor instead of a professional athlete though.

Jedi Knight? I can't remember wanting to be anything else but a physician, despite the fact that I play jazz at a professionally...Its most definitely good for $$$ on the side

I always wanted to be a duck. Growing up, my house was on a lake with ducks... and i always wanted to hang out with them, so i asked my mother how i could become a duck and she just smacked me on the head (this story is according to her)

I'm like, allergic to cats, some dogs and horses. But I freaking love vet... and my anti-histamines :D

I wanted to be the president of the United States - as a 13 yo girl from Australia.

if obama can do it, so can you! how noticeable is your accent? is your rhetoric okay? do you often make promises you don't intend on delivering?

I actually have a friend who was accepted to medical school...and then his band got a $1 million recording contract. med school is now on the backburner. he's not huge or anything yet but his band is getting bigger and you only really get one shot at being a rock star so he went for it. its so funny though cause I'm doing my PhD and any time I see him he is like 'ohh tell me all about your research!' and i'm like 'no! tell me about being a rock star!' we live vicariously through each other

I wanted to be a javelin thrower. :)

I wanted to continue my TaeKwonDo training and fan out into ground based martial arts and others and eventually either become an Olympic winning TKD fighter or a UFC fighter. Either that or play soccer for a living. No matter. I'll still join my schools respective teams in my second year (when I have slightly more time).

I wanted to be a studio guitar player/musician like Jimmy Page.

My childhood dream was to be a Marine Scout/Sniper. Following in the footsteps od Gunnery Master Sergeant Carlos Hathcock.