Medicine can't be as dismal as they say...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samedicine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-financial hassle aside, it seems, according to the article you'll be directed to below, that physicians are still the monetary envy of society. So, though paperwork etc. is making it frustrating, the atmosphere still looks quite promising.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom...23e31c2ee44da9abdbc2954938b4c8-161159342-x8-2

Members don't see this ad.

samedicine said:
Non-financial hassle aside, it seems, according to the article you'll be directed to below, that physicians are still the monetary envy of society. So, though paperwork etc. is making it frustrating, the atmosphere still looks quite promising.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom...23e31c2ee44da9abdbc2954938b4c8-161159342-x8-2
We frequently hear about the downfalls of medicine, especially those of being a physician. But is there a profession these days where people don't whine about the working conditions? Articles like the one mentioned are a good reaffirmation of the benefits of being a doctor.

I recently interviewed at a school where one of my interviewers was a FP physician and he had a positive outlook. He acknowledged that there are problems and the changes will probably be coming soon, but he seemed very OK with it. He had a good attitude about taking care of patients and not letting the bad ones get to you. I thought it was really cool that he wasn't stressed out over tort reform/medicare/whatever. Oh, and he was a middle-aged guy, so he knew what the supposedly "good times" were like but not old enough that he knew he was about to retire and just didn't care.

-X

FMGP8P said:
We frequently hear about the downfalls of medicine, especially those of being a physician. But is there a profession these days where people don't whine about the working conditions? Articles like the one mentioned are a good reaffirmation of the benefits of being a doctor.