Medicine's Culture of Corruption

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
docB said:
So this is just about pharma stuff? There lots more wrong with medicine than the pharma thing.

That's his main goal. I'm sure he's written on other things that are wrong with medicine.

I like the way the author in this link asks "aren't medical students taught ethics anymore?" as if he holds some sort of ethical high ground. All the while, he peddles books touting Magnesium as treatment for hypertension and migraine headaches. Where are the "unbiased data" to back those claims? (I guess you have to BUY the book to find out).

I doubt the controversy regarding pharmaceutical influence on physician precribing practice is anything new, since the pharmaceutical industry has been in existence for over a century. Is it just a coincidence that the people who claim the sky is falling as if this were something new just happen to, by the way, be trying to sell a book/"natural cure"/infomercial/etc...

Isn't there a Conflict of Interest inherent in playing on one's natural fear of illness and medication to peddle a book offering dubious "natural" remedies? This clown Jay S. Cohen doesn't seem to think so.

Give me a freaking break.