1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Medline Articles

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Clipse, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Clipse

Clipse Member
    10+ Year Member

How do I go about locating the full text articles? Is there any way to get around the subscription fees? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sometimes you can go directly to the journal website and find them, and sometimes the author's institution has them. However, I have usually been unable to get full articles.

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

you can often get the full text articles if you do the medline search through a university rather than through nlm/nih. i believe universities pay for access to some of them. if you are already doing that, then i don't know what to tell you. i'm not sure they're available without paying in that case.

5. jot

jot

your uni should have a subscrip. if you can use a proxy through the school, you can get access from home. i use a virtual private network (vpn) to look like i'm coming from a school ip address, and i can access what ever the school has access too. i'm sure your school has this option - call their resnet or whatever.
    -jot

6. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

do you know a prof? Sometimes profs have subscriptions to these journals also.

the above advice is great. (previous reply). A lot of journals have it online and free, especially if the article is not new. So if you find soemthing that 3-4 months old, you can surely find it online.

Also, my state university has a subscription to most of the online medline journals. if you go to your medical library and sit on their computer, you may be able to get it. You see, most state universities have links to these journal articles and the password is saved as cookies. As a result, you probably own't be able to log in from your home, but you may be able to do it from the Univ.

7. blkdawn

blkdawn Member
    7+ Year Member

Medline articles are free on pubmed. (I don't have the address with me...do a search)

8. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed

For most of full-length srticle you would need either personal subscription or subscription from a university. My use computers at school to find articles. Soemtime Pubmed puts a direct link on the article so you can just click on it. Or sometime when I am using an off-campus computer, I have to login into their network and search university's library for certain articles. My science profs were amazed by the ammount of information I presented in my paper last year. :D None had more refrences than I did.

9. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

and BTW, there are a few article you can get for free there but most of the useful stuff is not. you can access abstracts though for free.