Medrevu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

volvulus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the online qbank that medrevu offers? I have a kaplan book questions so I was thinking of getting medrevu to change up the question style.

Members don't see this ad.

I've done both qbank by kaplan (200 questions) and medrevu (250 questions) and I prefer kaplan's qbank. It's much easier and useful interface such as picking unused problems versus incorrect problems, the ability to go back to an old exam. Knowing exactly how many questions are available in each subject. medrevu has none of those things. besides, I find medrevu questions to be overly picky and detail oriented. I recently took the USMLE PRACTICE test (150 questions) and I think qbank reflects more closely to the REAL thing than medrevu. However, if you have the time, I think it might be worth signing up for both. I'm starting to doubt if I'll get through all the questions.

GEt QBank by Kaplan. Don't waste your money on medrevu. I'm having a lot trouble using their product. Already twice, I've done questions in "test mode" and then it would NOT allow me to switch to "study mode" which allows me to see which questions were incorrect and see explanations. What's the point if you can't learn from your mistakes!!! :confused:

Also, when selecting questions by subject, it disportionately picks subject questions over others. For example, I picked biochem, path, micro, physiology and 90% of the questions were physiology (I think the software picks more of the questions of a subject that is picked for the first time.) Kaplan doesn't do this. It always picks a balanced test.

Also, Kaplan lets you see exactly what questions you have done for each subject. medrevu once again does not have any of these functions. :mad:

Get Qbank :clap:

Hi Volvulus,

I have to agree w/ Stickybop. I am almost done w/ Qbank & decided to sign up for 2wk of iRevu for a final change of pace. The iRevu program is not as user-friendly as Qbank, plus for some reason it seems to run slower too (the iRevu question screens take longer to change, at least on my computer!). iRevu is also not very helpful if you want to review your exam. It gives you like one chance to review it, then it won't let you. Plus the test analysis isn't too helpful or as detailed as Kaplan's. On the other hand, Qbank is very good about letting you review old exams whenever, plus in how you want to design your exam (used, unused, repeating questions). I have found the best way to benefit from iRevu is to do the whole exam in study mode, & so I can look up the explanations for those I get wrong in real-time. I would definitely recommend Qbank as being far more superior. Also, keep in mind that iRevu is just all of BSS+NMS Lazo, so if you've got any of those books, that may actually make things easier for reviewing all the Q/A, if that's your preference.

Hope this helps! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up getting Qbank. It is pretty good but I don't think the subject breakdown is correct. I get way to many anatomy and gen cell questions even when I pick "all diciplines" Isn't the real exam weighted more towards path, pharm, and phys?

MedRevu sucks. I subscribed to it and did around 300 or so questions. I thought they were great until a couple of friends convinced me to sign up for Kaplan.

Kaplan's Q bank has a lot more features, better control over the types of tests you generate, more detailed feedback, etc.

Take it from someone who has recently used both... Kaplan Q bank beats MedRevu all the way. (Let's just hope Q bank is reflective of what's on the test. I'll find that out in a few more days!)

OOH, Id love to weigh in on this one...

As part of our second year curriculum, the University of Rochester has what's called a comprehensive examination. 2 Weeks of various testing, but one part of it is a mock board exam. Our school used medrevu. I took the full test, but they couldn't handle the volume. The program kept getting stuck, it even failed to score several of our students exams. This all happened in the first of 8 blocks of students to take the test. Our school decided to get rid of medrevue and use an examination offered by the USMLE. I found that the USMLE's mock exam was much harder and was quite a bit different from medrevu.

I have yet to use my Q-Bank, however. I plan to start today!

Ed