Medscape Publications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

younggotti

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

What impact, if any, would editing/publishing medscape articles have on the admission process? I might come out as a 2nd author for a few articles on some diseases, and am curious if these would compare to academic publications at all in this process. Please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's an interesting experience to have and it's something that'll probably come up during your interviews but you shouldn't try to pawn it off as an academic publication. Order of authorship doesn't matter much outside of academic publications so saying you're "second author" might come off as a bit much.

Would the same be said of field research in the Galapagos? I had to come up with my own hypothesis, write down my research methods before heading to the islands, then did my own research (dragging around pipettes :( ) and finalized my paper... not published though.

Would the same be said of field research in the Galapagos? I had to come up with my own hypothesis, write down my research methods before heading to the islands, then did my own research (dragging around pipettes :( ) and finalized my paper... not published though.

Research experience is valuable (though overrated by premeds except at the top research schools), even without publication. Going to the Galapagos is super interesting, and you have experience driving your own research.

Reactions: 1 user