Medtronic -- Nevro algorithm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stim4me

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering an algorithm with my stim practice. I feel I should trial medtronic MRI compatible leads and ascertain the results. If failed , proceed with same leads and nevro programming. Finally, consider medtronic leads (MRI compatible) with nevro IPG implant. Both reps are cool with this . They are compatible systems with "connectors" as well. ultimately you get the full MRI compatiblity leases with high frequency battery. Best of both worlds....
Any thoughts?

This is a result of patients requesting nevro after medtronic trials prior to implants, and after their internet searches...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm surprised that the reps are cool with this. Probably not FDA approved to mix parts, reps have to remain within FDA approval. Also, majority of their commissions are from the IPG as it costs 20x as much

I'm surprised that the reps are cool with this. Probably not FDA approved to mix parts, reps have to remain within FDA approval. Also, majority of their commissions are from the IPG as it costs 20x as much
Also, I believe you need the medtronic ipg to dissipate the perc lead energy during a MRI. So systems are compatible, but I don't think the medtronic leads would be completely MRI safe...
i am not sure FDA comments on Interchangeable scs devices.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The Medtronic rep is cool with it because at least you're not completely jumping ship like everyone else around the country has. Nevro rep is cool with it because he's confident you will.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think this is proper. I would doubt a radiologist would approve to do MRI. Don't we have a radiology resident on this board? Comments?

I don't think this is proper. I would doubt a radiologist would approve to do MRI. Don't we have a radiology resident on this board? Comments?
We have problems having rads performing 1T MRIs on full medtronic systems currently . Fearful .

Reactions: 1 user