Medtronic SCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't use Medtronic, but we have a bunch of supplies that are about to expire and one of my partners is implanting medtronic.

The medtronic rep tells me that we need to buy a bunch of equipment - but I see a ton of stuff on the shelf that I think we can use - I think he is just trying to pad his commmision based pay check.

Can you use a trial lead for the implant? We have a bunch of those.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't use Medtronic, but we have a bunch of supplies that are about to expire and one of my partners is implanting medtronic.

The medtronic rep tells me that we need to buy a bunch of equipment - but I see a ton of stuff on the shelf that I think we can use - I think he is just trying to pad his commmision based pay check.

I would love to get them for animal studies.

I don't know about the rest of the "equipment". My understanding is that the trial vs implant leads are built differently, one to last a week and another to last 50 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who buys leads? My rep brings them to the case and PO given for what we use. Nothing ever needs to be stocked.

Well I totally agree.

However, in a system where there is no money today but tomorrow there is a ton of money and then if you don't spend it by next week, it is gone, it is of some benefit to stockpile.

Well I totally agree.

However, in a system where there is no money today but tomorrow there is a ton of money and then if you don't spend it by next week, it is gone, it is of some benefit to stockpile.

And if reimbursement gets cut by 50%, then you get stuck with inventory with a value much less than what you paid.

Well I totally agree.

sort of like our defense department. 'MERICA!!!!!!!!!!