Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Meeting Potential Research Mentors

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by apgar, Dec 1, 2008.

1. apgar

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi,
    I have been trying to find a research mentor for next semester. I emailed a few professors to see if I could meet with them and a few have responded (I am meeting with one tomorrow). I realize that I have to prepare myself by reading more about the person's research and having genuine questions about his/her work, but do I need to bring anything else with me? I already sent my resume with the original email. Do I need to bring a notebook or something to take notes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. silverhorse84

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'd take in a hard copy of the resume too. Just in case they haven't printed it out or what not. It makes you look more prepared and thoughtful :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mobius1985

10+ Year Member

I brought my unofficial transcript, besides a hard copy of my CV, and some printed copies of the most interesting of the PIs papers I'd read (with questions written in the margins).