Meeting with Admissions Advisor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dx9xd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm meeting with an admissions adviser this week... can anyone help me out with types of questions I should ask at the meeting? She said she wouldn't have much time but I wanted to meet her while I was in town at one of my top choice schools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What is the one thing your school brings/does that no other school can?

What do you think is the weakest aspect and how are you improving it?

Just think of stuff you get asked in interviews and flip it on them

I would ask admissions-related questions, since that's what they're there for.
When I met with the one for the school I want to go to, I had already taken a look at the supplementary application questions and asked for clarification on what exactly they were looking for. The school also had a "High priority deadline" that I was pushing to meet, so I wanted to know what the advantages were. I asked if I could reference details from my personal statement instead of reiterating things in the supplemental essays. I had questions about the volunteer hours on PharmCAS (like if I could claim future or planned volunteering hours) and Letters of Recommendation. Also, how competitive am I on paper?
Stuff like that...

Oh! And if you don't have research experience, that's someone you can talk to about undergrad opportunities at their particular school! They usually know people they could hook you up with.