Meeting with admissions after a rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miley13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a rejection from my number one school. I want to express my interest and get my name to admissions for next cycle. I am currently finishing up a year-long post-bac with a 4.0 and plan to retake the DAT. I know those 2 things will greatly help my chances for next year, so do you think its a good idea I call to set up a meeting with the schools admissions to see why I was rejected and what I can do to improve for next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a rejection from my number one school. I want to express my interest and get my name to admissions for next cycle. I am currently finishing up a year-long post-bac with a 4.0 and plan to retake the DAT. I know those 2 things will greatly help my chances for next year, so do you think its a good idea I call to set up a meeting with the schools admissions to see why I was rejected and what I can do to improve for next cycle?

Yes, but if you plan on applying early, there's not much you can do to improve for next cycle. I don't know if everyone will agree but treat it like a mini-interview. I met with my state school that insta-rejected me and the adcom seemed optimistic that I'd get an interview if I applied again. She told me to call or email her for the next cycle to remind her that I was applying again if I decided to do so. We had a good chat, and she seemed to really like me.

Thanks for your response! This is my state school as well and I really want to set up a meeting. I think treating it like a mini-interview is good advice definitely. How did you go about setting up the meeting? Did you email them or call?