Meeting with Admissions Dean at VCU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

informatique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying to VCU dental this year. I am currently located in Richmond and was wondering if undergraduates should meet with Dr. Healy in order to go over their application? Would it be weird if I scheduled an appointment to meet him in order to go over my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying to VCU dental this year. I am currently located in Richmond and was wondering if undergraduates should meet with Dr. Healy in order to go over their application? Would it be weird if I scheduled an appointment to meet him in order to go over my application?

No, I think it is a really good idea. I did it as an out of stater and we just corresponded through email. I think it was the best move I made.

I would say definitely do it. I went and talked with him the fall before I was submitting my application. He told me which classes he would like to see on my transcript and that I needed to retake my DAT. It was very helpful and I highly recommend it, espeically since for you there is no travel involved. It must have helped because I was accepted into the D.5 program this year after I completed everything he wanted. Good Luck!!

DEFINITELY do it! I actually met him once the summer between fresh and soph yr and again between soph and junior year. It helps a lot because when they see your name they will most likely recognize it....which is much better than a name no one has ever seen before. Also, i think they open up a file for you and keep any info you give healy (transcipts, etc.). After meeting with him you might feel overwhelmed by the things he tells you to improve on and the classes he wants you to take. Do as much of that as u can but dont stress if u dont get it all done. Also, it helps if you have questions to ask him about the school and make sure you show its your number one choice if it really is. good luck!