Quantcast

Meeting with Dental School/Assistant Dean

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crustation27

Reaction score
I have a meeting in a few weeks with the Dental School/Assistant Dean. I was curious as if to what I may need to bring with me, if anything (resume, etc.)? I am just a Sophomore and was wanting to talk about classes, so I don't think I will need to bring too much besides myself. Just thought I would post this for your opinion. Thanks.

DavesNotHere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a meeting in a few weeks with the Dental School/Assistant Dean. I was curious as if to what I may need to bring with me, if anything (resume, etc.)? I am just a Sophomore and was wanting to talk about classes, so I don't think I will need to bring too much besides myself. Just thought I would post this for your opinion. Thanks.

Good idea setting up a meeting. Bring a CV which is concise and bullet pointed just so that they can take a quick look and get a feel for you. Include a list of future classes and activities. In case they want to keep make sure you have all your contact info, and if available a professional 2x2 photo you can paper clip on.

These meetings, can be great for getting into the adcom's head. Ask them specifically what your cv is lacking. Find out what of your planned activities they like and which ones aren't important.

Ask them flat out "what can I do in the next two years to make myself an excellent candidate for acceptance?"

Good luck. :)

Duriel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good idea setting up a meeting. Bring a CV which is concise and bullet pointed just so that they can take a quick look and get a feel for you. Include a list of future classes and activities. In case they want to keep make sure you have all your contact info, and if available a professional 2x2 photo you can paper clip on.

These meetings, can be great for getting into the adcom's head. Ask them specifically what your cv is lacking. Find out what of your planned activities they like and which ones aren't important.

Ask them flat out "what can I do in the next two years to make myself an excellent candidate for acceptance?"

Good luck. :)

Excellent advice :cool:

dentalprodigy

Mr. Awesome
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That last statement is great advice ^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.