MD & DO Meeting women during medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea buddy I understand. Not trying to generalize everyone. Yes there are exceptions to the rule. But if you keep looking for the exceptions, you gonna end up walking down the path of pain, confusion and disappointment. Many men have walked down that road over centuries and even millennium. And for most, it has not ended well. If you think you are different than the rest, be my guest....

What you don’t seem to grasp is that “what most women/men want”, whether true or false, is completely irrelevant to me. I am not a pollster or a PR manager to find that information valuable.

What is relevant to me is being with a person that I feel some form of mutual connection, a vibe if you will. That for me comes from having intrinsically similar core beliefs, interests, and aspirations in life.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations, you understand the point. But employers and those doing selection still have something worth saying, hence why we listen to the Goros and LizzyMs of the world.

Sure maybe they have something to say, but it rubs me the wrong way when a girl tells me what to do to get a girlfriend, as if they know how to do that. That would be like me telling them what to expect in the 2nd trimester.

Reactions: 1 user
By the time most women hit 26-27, they look worn. Im being completely honest. If you got money but even more important, know how to leverage the money to get their attention, you can get girls age 19-23 easy. Like super easy. It even surprised me lol. Its like its a woman's nature to go for guys with money and it doesn't matter if they are much older or looks. Women don't care about stuff like age or looks with a man much. Its about money and yes in some ways status. And Im talking about getting hot girls. Its like, the hotter the girl, the more she cares about money or status. Remember, once you get the money, you call the shots. Never simp out. You have the power, more or less. But you will realize there are a lot of simp dudes in the process. Don't matter. Just stay strong. So many options out here. Just gotta look. Especially overseas buddy lol.

Jaded? My body count is 80+ lol. I wouldn't call it jaded. Its called experience. And if a man burns a woman or a woman burns a man, I say thats life. There are good and bad men. Good and bad women. Im just giving you rules to the game. Women think they will attract better men by acquiring money, prestige and a better job. Men think more women will flock to them if they get muscles and become better looking. Neither is really true. Women are more into a guy's money and status and men into a woman looks. These are the facts of life. If you are start accepting them, you won half the battle. If you don't, you will be struggling with dating into your 50 and 60s. Anything else in terms of how dating should be "a partner should cook, should be romantic and buy flowers, should be loyal, etc" is an illusion set up by your own expectations.

Hahaha. Wow. So ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure maybe they have something to say, but it rubs me the wrong way when a girl tells me what to do to get a girlfriend, as if they know how to do that. That would be like me telling them what to expect in the 2nd trimester.
Very true. Again, women have little to no insight on the extreme challenges men face in dating. The average guy has to deal with a very large volume of rejections and even good looking guys face a lot of rejection.

By the time most women hit 26-27, they look worn. Im being completely honest. If you got money but even more important, know how to leverage the money to get their attention, you can get girls age 19-23 easy. Like super easy. It even surprised me lol. Its like its a woman's nature to go for guys with money and it doesn't matter if they are much older or looks. Women don't care about stuff like age or looks with a man much. Its about money and yes in some ways status. And Im talking about getting hot girls. Its like, the hotter the girl, the more she cares about money or status. Remember, once you get the money, you call the shots. Never simp out. You have the power, more or less. But you will realize there are a lot of simp dudes in the process. Don't matter. Just stay strong. So many options out here. Just gotta look. Especially overseas buddy lol.

Jaded? My body count is 80+ lol. I wouldn't call it jaded. Its called experience. And if a man burns a woman or a woman burns a man, I say thats life. There are good and bad men. Good and bad women. Im just giving you rules to the game. Women think they will attract better men by acquiring money, prestige and a better job. Men think more women will flock to them if they get muscles and become better looking. Neither is really true. Women are more into a guy's money and status and men into a woman looks. These are the facts of life. If you are start accepting them, you won half the battle. If you don't, you will be struggling with dating into your 50 and 60s. Anything else in terms of how dating should be "a partner should cook, should be romantic and buy flowers, should be loyal, etc" is an illusion set up by your own expectations.

Dude what are you smoking? This isn't Thailand or a sugar daddy website. Women don't even care about a guy's money until past 25 and even then it's just a matter of being employed in a half decent job.
By the time you make any real money you're well into your 30s (more late 30s) at best. How many girls under 25 are dating men over 35? Exclude the ones with issues and you're at a very tiny number.

Dude what are you smoking? This isn't Thailand or a sugar daddy website. Women don't even care about a guy's money until past 25 and even then it's just a matter of being employed in a half decent job.
By the time you make any real money you're well into your 30s (more late 30s) at best. How many girls under 25 are dating men over 35? Exclude the ones with issues and you're at a very tiny number.
Wow. What was I thinking? Thanks man for making me snap out of it. Women don't care about a guy's money past 25. Got it. They just want a guy with a half decent job. Understood. Im glad you made me change my view on women. They just want a guy with a decent job and a nice personality. Thanks man. I appreciate it. You really helped me see the light.

Charming. I feel like I'm going to hear some Barbara Walters type reading this post on a light night crime show in 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Wow, some of these comments come off as posters not realizing that women are just people, like men, and are not an alien species or objects to be obtained and used. If those of you making those comments come off that way in person, it's no wonder that you have trouble finding women who are interested in you.

Reactions: 8 users
Wow, some of these comments come off as posters not realizing that women are just people, like men, and are not an alien species or objects to be obtained and used. If those of you making those comments come off that way in person, it's no wonder that you have trouble finding women who are interested in you.

Not this stupid argument again. Yes we know women are people. No we are not objectifying anyone. We are simply saying women don't understand that dating is not easy for men, and that has a lot to do with how picky women are.

Not this stupid argument again. Yes we know women are people. No we are not objectifying anyone. We are simply saying women don't understand that dating is not easy for men, and that has a lot to do with how picky women are.

It doesn't matter if you do or do not think of women as objects if you're coming off that way. If your question is "why don't women like me?" and your tone comes off as objectifying, regardless of intent, the answer is that women don't like you because you think that you're objectifying them.

Also, I wasn't really talking about you, @DoctorofDelight , even though you do fundamentally misunderstand the difference between in-person interactions where you are presented with a person's personality versus a dating site where you are primarily presented with how a person looks. Some of the other people commenting on this post, though, definitely do come off as objectifying women, and no matter how much you try to turn the conversation to the point that you're trying to make, my point is still true.

Dating is stupid easy once you stop being an insecure babby about it. Guys make it sound like it's rocket science figuring out how to do one of the four things required of our species to exist since tens of thousands of years ago- eat, breathe, drink, and bang. If a caveman can do it, so can you.

Reactions: 8 users
Wow. What was I thinking? Thanks man for making me snap out of it. Women don't care about a guy's money past 25. Got it. They just want a guy with a half decent job. Understood. Im glad you made me change my view on women. They just want a guy with a decent job and a nice personality. Thanks man. I appreciate it. You really helped me see the light.
No one said a decent job/nice personality is just what you need.

Being facially attractive is what gets your foot into the door. From there it's either accept or reject based on a whole bunch of factors. But anyone who thinks facial aesthetics aren't by far the #1 factor in getting your foot in, is plain delusional.

As a side note for the money argument... I lived in an upper class neighborhood prior to school and have seen loads of upper class people including Drs. Seeing their spouses kills the money argument on the spot. If anything the "rich husband" was the better looking of the two.

Members don't see this ad :)
No one said a decent job/nice personality is just what you need.

Being facially attractive is what gets your foot into the door. From there it's either accept or reject based on a whole bunch of factors. But anyone who thinks facial aesthetics aren't by far the #1 factor in getting your foot in, is plain delusional.

As a side note for the money argument... I lived in an upper class neighborhood prior to school and have seen loads of upper class people including Drs. Seeing their spouses kills the money argument on the spot. If anything the "rich husband" was the better looking of the two.
I mean, I've got my entire life to place down as evidence that you are incorrect. But hey, what's actual experience against some guy's TRP bull****.

#1 factor is humor, not the look of your face.

#1 factor is humor, not the look of your face.
No... That's just objectively flat out wrong. Humor can be a huge positive but in no way is it that important. Lots of humor and average looks gets you in the friendzone.
Also confidence. All the looks in the world don't matter if you can't look a woman in the eyes.
Confidence matters but you're jumping ahead. Being good at interviews doesn't get you the job if you aren't able to get the interview in the first place. Same way your looks get you in the door. Once there's initial interest then you have the chance to show off your other qualities.
If someone isn't physically attracted to someone else then they will not have any interest in being with them romantically/sexually.

For the successful individuals that have done it, HOW do you do it? I go to a DO school in the South that neighbors a large university (15k+ students). Great right? Nope. I have ZERO reason to go onto campus there, and I'd feel like a creep just sitting and people watching/trying to spark conversations.

Any suggestions are welcome. FWIW, I have ZERO interest in dating people in my class/class above me. Never dip your pen in company ink and all that.....

If you are at least average height and a 5/10 appearance, go to your nearest college bar with a few buddies and introduce yourselves as from the medical school and mention the specialty you are interested in. Tell a few jokes and convince her that other people can tolerate you (i.e., you're not a loner serial killer with zero friends). Sadly, that's usually enough.

Reactions: 3 users
I like how people ITT get so convinced that their idea of what is important beats all others.

I mean, each interaction between two people at each point in time is influenced by a gigantic numbers of internal and external factors. To claim that one thing in particular is the key ingredient seems to be more foolish than trying to estimate the exact risk of cancer while knowing only one risk factor.

If you are at least average height and a 5/10 appearance, go to your nearest college bar with a few buddies and introduce yourselves as from the medical school and mention the specialty you are interested in. Tell a few jokes and convince her that other people can tolerate you (i.e., you're not a loner serial killer with zero friends). Sadly, that's usually enough.
You're saying this works on girls who are also a 5/10? Then sure.

As a woman, this doesn't tend to work in bars or gyms. I don't date med students, but date cops, firefighters, teachers. Date people who see your value.

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile
Worst case scenario - date homeless!

No... That's just objectively flat out wrong. Humor can be a huge positive but in no way is it that important. Lots of humor and average looks gets you in the friendzone.

Confidence matters but you're jumping ahead. Being good at interviews doesn't get you the job if you aren't able to get the interview in the first place. Same way your looks get you in the door. Once there's initial interest then you have the chance to show off your other qualities.
If someone isn't physically attracted to someone else then they will not have any interest in being with them romantically/sexually.

I've been physically attracted to very average looking guys simply because of their confidence. It gets a guy from a 5 to a 9 in my eyes easily, I find confidence extremely attractive. So no, initial physical interest does not necessarily have to be there first.

Reactions: 4 users
Dating is stupid easy once you stop being an insecure babby about it. Guys make it sound like it's rocket science figuring out how to do one of the four things required of our species to exist since tens of thousands of years ago- eat, breathe, drink, and bang. If a caveman can do it, so can you.

I seriously believe that dating can be over complicated bc either sexes through years of schooling are too educated. Both man and woman just need to be honest w/ each other, get together in a room, and procreate like rabbits.

Confidence is walking up to a woman and engaging them in conversation, showing a sense of humor, and not coming off like some of the prizes in this thread.

I promise that will make up a few "points" you may be lacking in the physical attractiveness scale.

Does that always work? No. So you move on.

Bro, you guys don't go to these clubs or other places. Swarming with hot women. Y'all haven't seen hot women. All the hot girls and decent looking girls are chasing dudes with money and status. All the average women got to work and get jobs. Im telling you, most women go for money and status. I really did not believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Women don't get much pleasure from the physical as much as you think.

Im telling you most women are impressed with money. If you even take out a measly 1k out of your pocket and count in front of them, watch how theirs eyes get wide lol. They get excited. Happens all the time lol. You put a shirtless guy with a nice face, there will some but not many women that are impressed. Women do go for looks yes. But Im telling you money trumps all that. You don't have to have alot of money. You just gotta know how to flaunt it.

Confidence is nice too. Not gonna lie. Confidence will help you alot. But even with the confidence, you gotta play puppy dog. You still have to put in a ton of effort to get them to like you. That route, some guys like to chase. Its up to the person.

Bro, you guys don't go to these clubs or other places. Swarming with hot women. Y'all haven't seen hot women. All the hot girls and decent looking girls are chasing dudes with money and status. All the average women got to work and get jobs. Im telling you, most women go for money and status. I really did not believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Women don't get much pleasure from the physical as much as you think.

Im telling you most women are impressed with money. If you even take out a measly 1k out of your pocket and count in front of them, watch how theirs eyes get wide lol. They get excited. Happens all the time lol. You put a shirtless guy with a nice face, there will some but not many women that are impressed. Women do go for looks yes. But Im telling you money trumps all that. You don't have to have alot of money. You just gotta know how to flaunt it.

Confidence is nice too. Not gonna lie. Confidence will help you alot. But even with the confidence, you gotta play puppy dog. You still have to put in a ton of effort to get them to like you. That route, some guys like to chase. Its up to the person.
KbQaU8Y.gif

Reactions: 3 users

Maybe.....go to different clubs?

I've been physically attracted to very average looking guys simply because of their confidence. It gets a guy from a 5 to a 9 in my eyes easily, I find confidence extremely attractive. So no, initial physical interest does not necessarily have to be there first.

Well for one, your viewpoint doesn't represent most females. Certainly confidence is required and very appealing but to say it's that much of a game changer is incredibly subjective. Secondly, if you're average looking yourself then it's a moot point.
Confidence is walking up to a woman and engaging them in conversation, showing a sense of humor, and not coming off like some of the prizes in this thread.

I promise that will make up a few "points" you may be lacking in the physical attractiveness scale.

Does that always work? No. So you move on.
That's exactly what you have to do. But again... my problem is with promising guys online that "being confident" takes you from average to super hot. That's what pickup artists tell people to sell their nonsense DVDs, memberships, conferences and other crap. Then they send their "clients" cold approaching hundreds of women until something clicks. It's fine to give advice but providing false hope isn't right.

This is a convo I've had with my gf, her friends, my current and old friends and so on. There's always unanimous agreement among women that it's important to stay within your own league in terms of expectations. For guys who strike out of their league, the consequences are that their partner is almost certain to not be faithful since she has issues to begin with (otherwise she wouldn't go for a significantly worse looking guy).

Are you sure youve been to a club before?

Hey there

Well for one, your viewpoint doesn't represent most females. Certainly confidence is required and very appealing but to say it's that much of a game changer is incredibly subjective. Secondly, if you're average looking yourself then it's a moot point.

TBH, @OrthoTraumaMD 's point is pretty accurate. I've heard the same thing from many women and totally agree with them. Being confident won't suddenly turn an average guy in Channing Tatum, but confidence can turn a guy who you normally wouldn't glance back at into someone interesting who you feel is worth the time to get to know.

And people accuse me of being a troll...

For the successful individuals that have done it, HOW do you do it? I go to a DO school in the South that neighbors a large university (15k+ students). Great right? Nope. I have ZERO reason to go onto campus there, and I'd feel like a creep just sitting and people watching/trying to spark conversations.

Any suggestions are welcome. FWIW, I have ZERO interest in dating people in my class/class above me. Never dip your pen in company ink and all that.....

Take dancing lessons?

Lmao. It's a game changer for me and always has been. There aren't many men at my level, particularly in a hospital setting (I never went out much.) I'm a 9.5. Husband is a 6. Went from 6 to 9 the moment he decided he wasn't scared to ask me out like everyone else was. Literally every man I have ever dated has been very average looking, with the sole trait of confidence and even a little cockiness that made them irresistible. Sure it wasn't their only good trait, they were all well educated and polite, but short of having hair and not being morbidly obese, to me physical appearance means exactly squat.

So you don't find bald guys attractive at all?

Lmao. It's a game changer for me and always has been. There aren't many men at my level, particularly in a hospital setting (I never went out much.) I'm a 9.5. Husband is a 6. Went from 6 to 9 the moment he decided he wasn't scared to ask me out like everyone else was. Literally every man I have ever dated has been very average looking, with the sole trait of confidence and even a little cockiness that made them irresistible. Sure it wasn't their only good trait, they were all well educated and polite, but short of having hair and not being morbidly obese, to me physical appearance means exactly squat.

lol wat? Who rates themself and claims to be a 9.5? More so, who openly rates their spouse a 6?
Nonetheless, your husband being above average and you being considered attractive (lets say a realistic 8/10) isn't exactly an uncommon match. This thread is about your typical 4-5/10 dude who thinks becoming a dr makes him appealing to the 9s. Why would it though? There are very confident guys with great jobs who are very good looking as well. Why would they lose to him?

Anyway there are plenty of studies/articles out there on how people overestimate their own looks. Thinking you're a "9.5" doesn't mean you actually are given how uncommon such women are even among high end escorts.

Oh sweetie, I'm a surgeon, we are fairly confident about ourselves. This isn't just my opinion, I'm a tall blonde with a great body who used to model before going to med school. so I have some objective ratings to back me up. ;) I rate my husband a 6 in looks because that's what he is. He is shorter than me and overweight. Additionally he makes 5 times less than I do. But I chose him anyway because of his personality. So...your claims about how women think don't apply to all of us, and perhaps not even most of us. Many female physicians I know are exactly in the same boat.

Sweetie, being egotistical isn't some form of evidence for your claims nor does being a model make you a 9.5. However, being egotistical is a HUGE turn off to men and would explain why you haven't been to date men who are (apparently) more at your own level of looks.

Oh sweetie, I'm a surgeon, we are fairly confident about ourselves. This isn't just my opinion, I'm a tall blonde with a great body who used to model before going to med school. so I have some objective ratings to back me up. ;) I rate my husband a 6 in looks because that's what he is. He is shorter than me and overweight. Additionally he makes 5 times less than I do. But I chose him anyway because of his personality. So...your claims about how women think don't apply to all of us, and perhaps not even most of us. Many female physicians I know are exactly in the same boat.

Most of these instagram or non-paid models at small boutique fashion events aren't real models. Im putting money you once fit that bill lol. Most of them are real 5s or 6s anyway. And lets be honest. You past 30. Modeling days are over sweetie. Long gone. Days were over after you passed 26. Also, most of these models are dime a dozen. A lot are just looking for dudes to sponsor them. I wouldn't sweat one person. Yall gotta look at the big picture. There always another girl to take the place of the next "model" lol.

Most of these instagram or non-paid models at small boutique fashion events aren't real models. Im putting money you once fit that bill lol. Most of them are real 5s or 6s anyway. And lets be honest. You past 30. Modeling days are over sweetie. Long gone. Days were over after you passed 26. Also, most of these models are dime a dozen. A lot are just looking for dudes to sponsor them. I wouldn't sweat one person. Yall gotta look at the big picture. There always another girl to take the place of the next "model" lol.
I'm more amazed at how she describes herself. Like who compliments their own body and looks to such a major extent? That kind of personality is the biggest turnoff possible.
Anyway, I'm certain it's all fiction. She's likely a 7/10 with the ego factor.

I'm more amazed at how she describes herself. Like who compliments their own body and looks to such a major extent? That kind of personality is the biggest turnoff possible.
I am likely to believe her. She is always honest and helpful on her AMA. Also, I am also attractive, worked through college modeling and doing promotions, and also date guys based on personality rather than looks or money.

I am likely to believe her. She is always honest and helpful on her AMA. Also, I am also attractive, worked through college modeling and doing promotions, and also date guys based on personality rather than looks or money.

Doesn't justify being egotistical.
Being attractive doesn't mean you're an 8 or a 9 automatically. Even still when women say they value personality first, they still have a looks cut off that's above average.

Doesn't justify being egotistical.
Being attractive doesn't mean you're an 8 or a 9 automatically. Even still when women say they value personality first, they still have a looks cut off that's above average.
And men don't? This thread is full of qualifiers and foolish assumptions about women, dating and values. It is confirming my current decision to avoid dating med students.

Reactions: 2 users
And men don't? This thread is full of qualifiers and foolish assumptions about women, dating and values. It is confirming my current decision to avoid dating med students.

Of course men do. So why can't women admit out loud that looks are the first thing they look for? I'm fully on board with money not being an important factor.

dude basically every American girl thinks she's hot stuff. there are girls at my gym who are facially awful looking but have good bodies, and routinely get hit on by men. a bad looking or even average dude with a good body and money would always get ignored by women in this country. luckily ive noticed this kind of thing only exists in the US. go to any south American country and youll see how nice (and hot) they are and appreciative of guys with good careers and only above average looks. they will literally come up to you in a bar if you look decent and will be in awe when you tell them your profession. And they're much easier without the bitch factor too.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only other comment to add to this thread is a quotation of Mark Twain :

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

theres a girl I know who is like 5'3, slightly above average looking who does unpaid/minimal pay photoshoots here and there and calls herself a model. but dude basically every American girl thinks she's hot stuff. there are girls at my gym who are facially awful looking but have good bodies, and routinely get hit on by men. a bad looking or even average dude with a good body and money would always get ignored by women in this country. luckily ive noticed this kind of thing only exists in the US. go to any south American country and youll see how nice (and hot) they are and appreciative of guys with good careers and only above average looks. they will literally come up to you in a bar if you look decent and will be in awe when you tell them your profession. And they're much easier without the bitch factor too.
yeah very true... I blame men for it though.

It seems to me that the “looks” camp wrestled away this thread from “money” camp. We have a strong showing of men overly concerned with appearance.

I don’t understand what’s wrong with being average. Most people by definition are closer to average. Here is a bright idea. Why don’t you guys try to give average a shot before talking about 9s and 10s? And maybe you wouldn’t even have to travel outside of the US to find someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.