Jamaican MD

G.I.T.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2002
Status (Visible)
Hey, check the class of 2008 acceptances thread. I think there are a few folks there.

Curiosity32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
Status (Visible)
:D

I've been accepted into Meharry's 4 year program. Still debating on whether to enroll in the pre-matric summer program or just start school at the end of July. Anyone with any pointers or bright ideas?

About the Ads

Kingnick32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Princeton,New Jersey
Status (Visible)
I was also accpeted into the 4 year program. Why would you want to participate in the pre-matriculation program? When does it start? There is also a 5 year program .

Curiosity32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
Status (Visible)
:cool:

During the interview, alot of the students bragged about the pre-matric program. These were also students in the 5-year program. The summer program starts the first week in June.

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
do you apply to meh and are accepted and get to choose the 4 or 5 year program? Do you have to apply to them separately? Does the ADCOM just place you into one of the programs or recommend one? How does it work?

CCW

Kingnick32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Princeton,New Jersey
Status (Visible)
I know that they just place you into either the 4 or 5 yr program. I believe the summer pre-matriculation program is different though. Other schools like Wake Forest also have a similar program. I don't know when the program starts or what it entails though. I would like to find that out.

Curiosity32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
Status (Visible)
:cool: When Meharry adcom votes on your application, they vote to either accept you right away or place you in its "acceptance range". According to a reliable source at Meharry, those students who are accepted right away are usually admitted into the 4-year program. Usually those students admitted into the 5-year program are taken off of the waiting list.

I'm sorry, but I don't know much about the pre-matric program. All I know is that it starts in June and is 8 weeks long. I'm going to call the admissions office Monday morning and find out exactly what the program consists of. So, check back Monday evening and I'll post exactly what they tell me.

Future MD:hardy:

divinemsm

Pseudo Intellectual
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2002
On the brink
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I did not participate in MAPS ( pre-matric program)....yet it basically provides an overview of the first year course work
( heavy on anatomy, biochem, physio, etc...etc....) From what I gather, it's quite helpful for the first block of exams, but beyond that.....tough call .....just my 2 cents

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.