Meharry Dental School Interview Advice?!?!

universityshutt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an interview at Meharry this year? If so, what did they ask you? Do you remember any specifics? Did they discuss grades? Did they discuss DAT scores? What would you do differently? Were you accepted? How long did it take to hear back after your interview?

Thanks!!

-My interview is Jan 20th!

Members don't see this ad.

Grades and DAT were discussed. Why you want to be a dentist, why they should pick you. I was rejected after my interview, even though one of the interviewers told me outright that he was going to recommend me for acceptance. I am not URM.

Grades and DAT were discussed. Why you want to be a dentist, why they should pick you. I was rejected after my interview, even though one of the interviewers told me outright that he was going to recommend me for acceptance. I am not URM.
oh, sorry to hear that, how long did it take for you to hear back? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, sorry to hear that, how long did it take for you to hear back? thanks!

Had a pre-december interview, heard of rejection on 12/1. So no clue on how long they take to make decisions post-dec

Had an early December interview (or mid-december), grades and DAT scores where discussed. Why you want to be a dentist? what do you think is most important to do/prepare in order to succeed in dental school... and some questions about your personal statement...

Hope your interview went well. I have mine Feb. 10th.

I also have an interview on the 10th. Anybody have any tips?

Does anyone have any recommendations for which hotel to book for the interview? Thank you!

Does anyone have any recommendations for which hotel to book for the interview? Thank you!

They recommend Maxwell Millennium house hotel! Its affordable and the rooms are really nice. There's also a bus that takes you to the school and back. Congrats on your interview! :)

@Jwilliams 183 thank you I appreciate the info! Yea I went ahead and booked that hotel.

Yes good luck on your interview* Im new to SDN..when they put received/under review to complete.....does that mean an interview is to follow? You would think complete is before under review but its not..it now says "complete" but I havent heard anything back yet. Its been a week, its tough waiting....any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes good luck on your interview* Im new to SDN..when they put received/under review to complete.....does that mean an interview is to follow? You would think complete is before under review but its not..it now says "complete" but I havent heard anything back yet. Its been a week, its tough waiting....any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I had a received/under review status and it took 2 weeks exactly to be offered an interview.

Last edited:
Hello to all! I have been following your posts regarding Meharry dental school I just got accepted and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on your experience at Meharry dental. Where would you recommend living, purchasing school equipment and any advise I would soooo much appreciate it. Thank you for your help!:scared: