7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2001
Tee-dot, CANADA
Visit site
Status
Hi everyone,

For those of you planning to attend Meharry in August:

What are your plans for housing? I realize that most students live off campus. What are you doing to find a place near school?
Are you investing in car? Do you have roomates already?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
:confused:

kandygyrl

FM's Bailey
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2001
DC
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi,

I am moving to the area in two weeks. I just put in my application for on-campus housing. The housing manager said that there should be some apartments opening up in Aug. If not, then I will start my apartment search on-line soon. Let me know if you get any good leads about housing and where the hot spots at low cost are located. By the way, hope the see you in about three weeks. We should have a Meharry SDN get together befoe they hit us too hard with classes.

OP
S

Supafly MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2001
Tee-dot, CANADA
Visit site
Status
Hi Kandygirl,

I'm glad to see that you're so relaxed about this. I spoke with the Housing Office and they will be sending me a housing applications. The lady said that right now there are no spots available but hopefully there will be some students moving out.

If you check out the search tool on the Meharry website(type in "housing"), you'll find a long list of off campus housing. The only thing is that they suggested not signing any leases until you've seen the apartment.

Looks like we'll need to head to Nashville earlier than planned to find a place. Do you know whether classes start immediately after orientation or whether we'll get a chance to get settled? Are you taking a car?

My situation is more complicated by the fact that I am waitlisted at my first choice school...which can guarantee me decent housing on campus. AAAAAGH!!!!!

About the Ads