Meharry Medical College Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
**Praying daily for everyone waiting to hear some news!!**:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm praying for you guys as well. I would love to have all of you as my fellow classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone check your e-mail account. You have to e-mail Ms. Davis your current mailing address so that you can receive your Registration Packet :D

For anyone still looking at apartments, this site is very telling <http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TN-Nashville.html>

Lys

Check your email for your award letter!!!!!!!

I was in nashville yesterday, i will be stayin in dororthy brown hall. i am definitely comin june 10. Let me know prospective dates of everyone's move to TN, so that I can put a schedule up of things to do. and then we can approve it or deny it. I refuse to be bored and alone. Dorothy brown hall looks nice. It has been newly renovated. Lord knows, i thought it was goin to be a hot mess because it only 295 a month, but it's not. :p

Does anyone know what the Meharry Towers are like? Also, are there one bedrooms available so late in the game? I have a cat and a husband so I need to know if the towers allow for that.

Thanks.

Does anyone know what the Meharry Towers are like? Also, are there one bedrooms available so late in the game? I have a cat and a husband so I need to know if the towers allow for that.

Thanks.

The towers are nice, especially for how much they cost. You should call housing and ask about the husband and the cat though

Hey guys-I'm a new student as well-took me a while to post something on here. You guys can facebook me if you want (Jimmy Berthaud). A lot of the students said that they live in Bellvue, which is a nice place. Thing is you have to have a car because you'll have to drive from there to school-it's only 10-15min away by highway though. I've heard that the anatomy tests are out of this world from a friend of mine who is a 3rd year there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get a dang award letter :confused: ... I'm not going to stress about it, I'll just inquire about it tomorrow when I'm in Nashville.

Still don't know where I'm staying....WOMP WOMP... I'll figure that out in the next two days :rolleyes:

Jimmy B don't come in here scaring us about anatomy tests :mad: ... :p ... facebook friend request sent!

No award letter here either. I finally found a place I like. I have to send in my application. I'm hoping they accept me, they only have 1 unit left :scared: (why does it feel like I'm applying to medschool again?)

I'm moving around June 5th. My bday is the 13th so I'm definitely looking to have some fun the weekend before we start!

Lys

Lys- you are so lucky your bday is before we start school. my bday is june 24th & its on a tuesday! :( I can't have any fun.

I might be moving in a week before school starts. k.i.t.

Why doesn't someone create a facebook group for the SOM 2012? I searched facebook and found the dental classes of2012 and 2011. This way others not on SD might get in on the talk about school. I graduate today so I have about three weeks worth of break b4 school starts which isn't much since I'll be moving. But I'm so excited to be moving to start school and meet my fellow classmates!

Why doesn’t someone create a facebook group for the SOM 2012? I searched facebook and found the dental classes of2012 and 2011. This way others not on SD might get in on the talk about school. I graduate today so I have about three weeks worth of break b4 school starts which isn't much since I'll be moving. But I'm so excited to be moving to start school and meet my fellow classmates!

I nominate you:) I'd do it, but I have NO facebook skills.

Lys

Housing secured....YES! :D ... Towers, June 1st ... I feel soooooo much better now...everything turned out perfect....now I have to find a place to store all of this furniture I have accumulated because there is nooo room for all of my stuff in my apt @ The Towers...but it's all to da good :cool:

a MMC2012 facebook group sounds great!

I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my day in TN...do a lil window shopping...lol

oh, I was told the reason why I hadn't received my financial aid award was because they were having trouble downloading a group of students' (incoming and returning) FAFSA from the Dept. Of Ed's website into the MMC's Banner System. It affected student's who did their FAFSA within a certain range of dates. MMC should have the documents downloaded next week and we'll received our award then (by e-mail)

Ok everyone, a facebook page has been created. Type in the search box - Meharry Medical College - SOM Class of 2012. I didn't want to be redundant with the medical college and SOM thing; however, our school is called a "medical college" collectively for the SOM, dental, and graduate schools. Let me know any ideas and/or improvements for the group on facebook. I got the idea to create the page because my friend that will be going to Hopkins joined a FB group that was created by an incoming student. At least its a way to know each other, get ideas for moving/housing etc before we get our mmc account which will add us to the mmc network on FB. You can also start discussions on there as well.

Ok everyone, a facebook page has been created. Type in the search box - Meharry Medical College - SOM Class of 2012. I didn't want to be redundant with the medical college and SOM thing; however, our school is called a "medical college" collectively for the SOM, dental, and graduate schools. Let me know any ideas and/or improvements for the group on facebook. I got the idea to create the page because my friend that will be going to Hopkins joined a FB group that was created by an incoming student. At least its a way to know each other, get ideas for moving/housing etc before we get our mmc account which will add us to the mmc network on FB. You can also start discussions on there as well.

Yay!...thanks

Okay so I am a female, but I still found this hillarious. I hope this never happends to me. I am just postin some stuff I found funny to add a lil life in here.

One evening last week, my girlfriend and I were getting into bed.
Well, the passion starts to heat up, and she eventually says “I don’t feel like it, I just want you to hold me.”
I said “WHAT??!! What was that?!”
So she says the words that every boyfriend on the planet dreads to hear… “You’re just not in touch with my emotional needs as a woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as a man.” She responded to my puzzled look by saying, “Can’t you just love me for who I am and not what I do for you in the bedroom?”
Realizing that nothing was going to happen that night, I went to sleep.
The very next day I opted to take the day off of work to spend time with her. We went out to a nice lunch and then went shopping at a big, big unnamed department store. I walked around with her while she tried on several different very expensive outfits. She couldn’t decide which one to take so I told her we’d just buy them all. She wanted new shoes to compliment her new clothes, so I said lets get a pair for each outfit. We went onto the jewelry department where she picked out a pair of diamond earrings. Let me tell you…she was so excited. She must have thought I was one wave short of a shipwreck. I started to think she was testing me because she asked for a tennis bracelet when she doesn’t even know how to play tennis. I think I threw her for a loop when I said, “That’s fine, honey.” She was almost nearing sexual satisfaction from all of the excitement. Smiling with excited anticipation she finally said, “I think this is all dear, let’s go to the cashier.”
I could hardly contain myself when I blurted out, “No honey, I don’t feel like it.”
Her face just went completely blank as her jaw dropped with a baffled WHAT?”
I then said “honey! I just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while. You’re just not in touch with my financial needs as a man enough for me to satisfy your shopping needs as a woman.” And just when she had this look like she was going to kill me, I added, “Why can’t you just love me for who I am and not for the things I buy you?”
Apparently I’m not having sex tonight either.

So, some one read this once at a church I attended. Now I am not very religious, but when I hear somethin powerful I love to take it with me and make it my own so here goes,

FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMEDI am a part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed." The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience, live by prayer and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."

So, some one read this once at a church I attended. Now I am not very religious, but when I hear somethin powerful I love to take it with me and make it my own so here goes,

FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMEDI am a part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed." The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience, live by prayer and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."

I believe that we can take the meaning of this and apply it to medical school so good luck and i look forward to seeing you guys

Thanks for sharing that Kharvey3.

I'm done one leg of my trip (Toronto to Jersey). Now I have 10 days to buy a car can drive it to Nashville! I'm taking the deposit for my apartment to the post office in a minute.

Lys

Hello everyone!! I feel so far removed:-/ Finally have internet and cable...yesss!! I am in Nashville for good!! I couldn't find the facebook group:-( I didn't receive my award letter either....I went out Friday and it was nice downtown! KIT everyone...any hints on why I cant get to the facebook page?:confused:

Last edited:
Is everyone finding the facebook group okay? I searched Meharry the first time I was looking for a group and found some for the other classes and schools (dental etc). I e-mailed facebook help because I couldn't find the group I created. COuld you all please let us know what you entered in the search box?

I actually went to KHarvey's page and saw it as one of her groups. You might want to check the group's settings and be sure you have enabled the group to be searchable. I searched several times and couldn't find it:-/

I actually went to KHarvey's page and saw it as one of her groups. You might want to check the group's settings and be sure you have enabled the group to be searchable. I searched several times and couldn't find it:-/

I couln't find it either. I thought it was just me. I went through someone's profile as well.

Lys

I just found out that I was accepted to Meharry yesterday! I was all set on SIU hence the name and had recieved an email saying that Meharry was no longer looking at my app. Now I don't know what to do because I really liked Nashville and Meharry! I'm also not sure how I'll plan a move in 2 weeks.:scared:

I just found out that I was accepted to Meharry yesterday! I was all set on SIU hence the name and had recieved an email saying that Meharry was no longer looking at my app. Now I don't know what to do because I really liked Nashville and Meharry! I'm also not sure how I'll plan a move in 2 weeks.:scared:

aww..congrats :D .... you know you wanna join us!...lol

BTW....The facebook group is searchable now...

aww..congrats :D .... you know you wanna join us!...lol

BTW....The facebook group is searchable now...

Sorry....quoted the wrong reply but Meharry SOM class of 2012 can now be found using the search function on facebook!

Posted via Mobile DeviceLADIES!!!!!! I need a good hair stylist in Nashville. Can anyone help me?????????????

Posted via Mobile DeviceLADIES!!!!!! I need a good hair stylist in Nashville. Can anyone help me?????????????
I tried Unity Hair and Skin (Ms. Ro)...she is pretty good. I don't do much beyond a roller wrap, so not sure if I'm any help:)

Hello everyone,

I am a rising MS-2 at Meharry and I just wanted to say hello and congratulations!!! If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them, or find someone who knows the answer!

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Hello Class of 2012!!!

I will be a second year July 28th :) I hear some of you do not have housing or are in need of advice on where to live. Myself and another classmate out together an apartment guide for you all. It should have been sent last month. If you did not receive it send me an email and I will forward it to you.

If you need any advice send me a message and I will send you my number...I hate typing.

One last thing...I wanted anyone who was thinking about staying on Herman St. to reconsider. Please do not get anything site unseen. I stayed in the Herman St. Apts for MAPS last year and could not wait to get the HE_ _ out of there.

My email is [email protected] You can aim me too.

Good luck to everyone during MAPS Dr. Atta is the greatest , Dr. Jackson...not so much :smuggrin:

I hope everyone is enjoying the break! im getting plenty of sleep:D