This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlofton

Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Denicia and I have applied for Meharry's MHS program in hopes to matriculate into medical school during the 2024 cycle. I made this thread to connect and ask/answer questions by making a small community for us applying to this program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!

My name is Denicia and I have applied for Meharry's MHS program in hopes to matriculate into medical school during the 2024 cycle. I made this thread to connect and ask/answer questions by making a small community for us applying to this program.
Hey have you heard anything, I called them last week and they said to give them 3 week to review my application.

Hey have you heard anything, I called them last week and they said to give them 3 week to review my application.
I just submitted my app on Monday so I haven’t heard anything back yet. When did you submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad you guys submitted early. Great job. If I submit mine now, can I come back and finish my Covid-19 impact or will it lock and not let me input anything?

I'm glad you guys submitted early. Great job. If I submit mine now, can I come back and finish my Covid-19 impact or will it lock and not let me input anything?
Once you submit, you can't make any changes so you should probably get everything before you submit. Plus, you have time. The deadline isn't until March 31.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!

Did you have all of your pre reqs?

Thanks, wanted to apply, but I need Org. Chem. 1&2

Is it true that MCAT scores are no longer required for this program?

So, you need all pre reqs for the Masters Health Science program?
I'm assuming you do because at the end of the program, if you graduate with the right stats and are accepted into the SOM, you'll need to have had taken the pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this program have a linkage to the med school
If you maintain a certain gpa and get a certain mcat score you’re guaranteed an interview and may have priority over other applicants because you did the their mhs program.

How do you think this will impact admissions?
I don't personally think it will impact admissions much because you have to take the MCAT receive a certain score regardless. I think this is just a matter of when you take it.

Do we think it’s wise to apply to their mhs program and school of medicine at the same time

Do we think it’s wise to apply to their mhs program and school of medicine at the same t
Is it possible to do that? If so, I would definitely do that so you can have MHS program as a backup. My only wonder would be the deadlines for both. I know AMCAS apps open in May and the MHS app is due by March 31st. So, I assume you would have a decision for the MHS program before AMCAS apps even open up.

I think it opens sooner than that. I remember starting my application in December 2022. I think it may open even before that.
Do you know when they review? I know that the application closes in March. Is that when they start their review or is it rolling?

I just submitted my app on Monday so I haven’t heard anything back yet. When did you submit?
I submitted in nov officially, they didn’t have my headshot until nov but I submitted the application Oct 17th

I'm not entirely sure about that.
According to the info session it rolling but no one that I know applied has heard anything from them yet. When I called last week they weren’t they (admissions). They had left a generic message for anyone that called for an update.

According to the info session it rolling but no one that I know applied has heard anything from them yet. When I called last week they weren’t they (admissions). They had left a generic message for anyone that called for an update.
Do you have a beat on when the next information session is?

Yeah, I haven't heard anything back either. I'm super anxious so I've been checking my email and the status of my app on postbaccliasons every day.

Hey guys! Does anyone know if the program will be online again this year? Or in person?

Hi all!

Are you applying for Fall 2023 matriculation?

Hey guys! Does anyone know if the program will be online again this year? Or in person?
I'm assuming it is still online. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I think they did in-person and online this current year. Maybe someone can fact check that for me

I’m confused ? So does this program have a deal where you can bypass the glide year?
Does this program offer guaranteed admission to the med school if you hit a certain gpa in the program?

I spoke with someone a few weeks ago about it. He stated they were still deciding and that a decision would be made in a few weeks. This was late January. He stated a lot students are preferring in person.

Hello everyone! To those who have submitted their application, is a recommendation cover letter required?

Hey everyone!!
Does anyone know if there's any update on whether the fall/winter semester will be online or in-person? As I am a Canadian applicant and I wonder whether I should make plans to move or not!

Hey everyone! I called the school of graduate studies today and I was told that the program will be virtual.

Reactions: 1 users
Does this program offer guaranteed admission to the med school if you hit a certain gpa in the program?
I believe you are guaranteed an interview if you meet their required stats (MCAT and GPA). The stats from this past year were 3.5GPA and 503 MCAT. I'm unsure if those stats are still the same for this year but I'm hoping they are!

Since the program is virtual will anyone be moving to Nashville?

Hey guys I'm applying this cycle and I wanted to know how did y'all manage to write your personal statement and statement of purpose with enough detail while still remaining within the character count? Right now it seems like you can't really go over 500 words or you'll be over the limit but I'm worried it won't be detailed enough.

I just got an email saying my application isn't completed. But I submitted my application on January 26th. There is nothing more for me to complete on PostbacCas. Did anyone else receive this email or is there something I am missing?

I received an email from PostBacCAS stating something like that about a week ago but it was due to me not sending all my transcripts from all the schools I attended. So make sure you have all your transcripts from all the schools you attended and look on PostBacCAS and see if it gives you more information on why your application is not complete.

I received an email from PostBacCAS stating something like that about a week ago but it was due to me not sending all my transcripts from all the schools I attended. So make sure you have all your transcripts from all the schools you attended and look on PostBacCAS and see if it gives you more information on why your application is not complete.
Thank you they emailed me back. They need recommendation cover forms.