Meharry Medical college summer HCOP

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Bachus, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Bachus

Bachus Junior Member

Dose anyone know what the advantages are for attending the HCOP at Meharry this summer?Has anyone got a acceptance letter to participate in the program. How intense is the mcat prepetory that they offer? Thanks for youu reponse.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I am not familiar with the HCOP at Meharry but having been in two of them at other institutions I can tell you that they will never hurt you. They can only help to enhance your application and make you more competitive so if you get a chance to go to a summer program, by all means do it. Unless you have something else lined up. Good luck

4. No Fear

No Fear Member

I have applied to Meharry and the HCOP program. My application to the entering class for 2001 has been complete there for 7 months with no word about a rejection or interview. I turned in my application for the HCOP program last month with still no word. I am not impressed at all with the way they handle their application processes, which leads me to be even less hopeful with the way they will handle their HCOP program. If I do get in to the program, I will turn them down for those reasons alone. I feel more secure with a commercial prep class for the MCAT than with a school that doesn't give a crap about the people who apply and let hanging for months on end.